Chapter III

Lea is on her adjusting period towards her new workplace. The heavy traffic, people surrounding her and everything else in between are foreign to her. Her US life is far different from this, she misses it.

But she knows it won't take long before she goes back to her real world.

The sound of her Jimmy Choo heels is clicking the floor as early as 7:45am which complements with her attractive look for the day. She is wearing her expensive Burberry office suit with her Hermès Birkin Bag. On her way to the elevator, her eyes saw the familiar cute-handsome-annoying lawyer.

He takes a glance at his watch "American time huh" he smiled at her with his cute dimples.

Shit. These dimples.

She rolled her eyes, "I hate being late"

"We've all been there. First impressions pero pag-nasanay na..."

"First impressions? I don't do that. Well, you should get used to it. I always arrive on time or even before time" she sneered.

"You should be. Your friend, Lora, recommended you to my dad and without hesitation he accepted you. I don't know what's so special about you that made everyone around here so amazed by you" the elevator descended and opens in front of them. He stepped in first, chivalry doesn't run into his blood.

Lea stamped her foot as she goes in, hitting the F-4 button. Her pretty face turned to confront him.

"Correction. Your father hired me because he's amazed by my credentials and not just because of a recommendation. Ikaw na nga ang may sabi 'only the best lawyers can survive here' so I assume that this firm only accepts competitive lawyers - recommended or not. For many years in this field, I've proven a lot specially professionalism. If you're doubtful of my capacity, tell your father to review my credentials or better yet you REVIEW my credentials"

His lips itched to taunt her but the elevator flicked, they ascended to their floor level. In a dash, she led her way out and left him at awe.

Huh! Did she just turn her back on me? Attitude!

She arrived at her office in rage.

Ang aga mambwesit ng lalaking yun! Why is he so triggered with my presence?!

She calmed herself because a pile of papers are waiting for her. One of her cases is a murder case. This kind of case isn't new to her but the laws that will be applied make it different from those in the US. It is a case of a man, 47 years old, who was killed. The suspect (her client) is his battered live in partner but the reason behind this is still unclear to her. She believes that there are missing informations that might help her solve the case. The suspect being his battered partner isn't enough reason for her to kill the victim.

I can sense that there is other reason behind this case. I will figure it out.

She yearns for a cup of steamy coffee while thick pages of paper cram nearly her entire table. Outside world of her office is bustled with staffs doing their rounds. She paced the floor to the pantry, twisting the knob upon reaching the doorstep. And of all people walking back and forth the firm, she always bumps into the same man. Sound of silence settled the pantry. Both of them keep mum, and only utensils and cups are clicking. Nobody wants to say a word. She hates his presence, and same goes to him.

The door swung open breaking the silence, and Raven walks in.

"Hey Atty. Lea and .... Atty. Aga. Nandito ka rin pala.", Raven squints eyes at him.