Chapter XII

Morning sets in with sunshine kisses the smoothness of her skin. One eye unrolls as she feels morning breeze visits through her window. Gloomy clouds with chilly ambiance welcome her. Having a break from work betokens her weekend. It's all she got. With this demanding métier, she doesn't complain at all. For all of her life, cases have been her breakfast til dinner. And having a day or two days break from work is a privilege. Her resting phone on the side table vibrates, and she reached for it feebly with droopy eyes.

"Hey", she begun in a groan.

"Wow ha! Sorry sa disturbo ha, halatang nagising kita sa tawag ko. Kung bumangon ka na kaya diyan?", Lora blabs.

"Tsk. It's Saturday. Ano ba! I can sleep all day, wala namang duty ngayon ah", she turns in bed.

"Hoy, Lea without an H! I informed you about the charity work today"

Lea could call to mind Lora's stance with hands on both sides, "I know but I did not remember saying YES to that". With palm lands to her forehead, she heaved a heavy sigh.

"You don't have to po, Manang! I won't take NO for an answer. Bumangon ka na diyan! I am on my way to pick you up"

She heard clinging of keys, "Tsk! Ano ako bata? I can go on my own. Send me the address instead. I'll hang up now"

"Pag ikaw di ka pumunta, sinasabi ko talaga sayo, Lei, naku!"

She chuckled. "Opo maam. Opo. Babangon na po" she ended the call and went to her bathroom.

The firm's staffs prepared the foods to be distributed. Aga gives instruction to the staffs while Lora is busy taking out the other packed foods from her car. It is an orphanage located near the firm.

His eyes wandered around.

He keeps on telling himself that it's impossible she'll come but deep inside he is hoping.

He saw her secretary, "Alina? Uhm, ready na ba lahat? So we can start the program for the children"

"Konti na lang to attorney" she smiled.

"Okay. Kumpleto na ba tayo dito? Eh yung ibang staff? May late ba?"

"Complete na po tayo attorney sa pagkakaalam ko. May .... hinahanap po ba kayo?" she is teasing him.

"Ha? Wala naman. I am just making sure na nandito na lahat" he lied.

"Aaah. Okay po attorney. Ipapasok ko lang po tong mga giveaways natin. Sige po"

The program started and the children are so happy watching the mascots dancing. Their laughter filled the entire orphanage. Happiness is plastered on their faces. Aga is smiling while watching the kids enjoying the program. He is happy to see that even for awhile they can forget the feeling of sadness. He grew up in a complete and happy family even if his father pressured him to excel in law school.

Alina stood up, "Attorney? Nandito po pala kayo"

He turned to see who it was.

It's her.

She is here.

She came here.

Alina went to Lea and helped her placed the foods she brought.

He remained leaning on the wall with crossed arms pretending to feel nothing but deep inside his heart is beating fast. She is inches away from him and obviously she doesn't notice his presence.