Chapter XXXV

For the passing years, he went through a lot. His life was like a living hell, miserable. Hopelessly longing to continue living his world where there's no more harmony, he planned to take his own life. That was the only solution he could think of in that moment.

But, life is full of surprises.

He woke up at the hospital bed, seeing his mom praying while crying beside him. Asking help from the Almighty above to wake him up. The blissful eyes of his mom upon seeing him awake poke his heart. Tears fall down his cheeks upon hearing his mom's apology.

"Anak, I'm so sorry. Sorry. This is all my fault. I'm very sorry. If it wasn't because of my mistake from the past, you won't end up like this" his mom hugged him tightly, sobbing.

He underwent counselling for months. It wasn't that easy but with the help of his mom, close friends and, specially, Carla he slowly recovered from that torment state. Months turned to years without him visiting his dad. A part of him was telling to forgive and forget specifically Lea but it's tough. It's so hard to forgive the woman he adored so much and to forget the torment she caused. There's so much words left unspoken but all of it became meaningless as time went by. He disregards the pain for he couldn't forget it. Maybe time heals all wounds but the scars in his heart remain there for life.

A small office space in town became his new law office. It was a pretty good start though financially speaking, it wasn't. Carla's support and care are of great help on his recovery. He found new home with her. He found new hope in life beside her.

And, he found new love.

"So, pano ba yan? I gotta go now. Thanks for the dinner, Morning" she smiled at Aga before taking steps toward her car.

"Thank you" he speaks up.

Carla turned to look back at the man she loves ever since. "For what? You paid for our dinner" she chuckled.

Aga took few steps towards Carla. "For everything. You're there with me ever since we met. You never left my side"

"Sus! Ang OA nito. Ikaw lang eh! Kung san san ka pa tumitingin, nandito lang naman ako noon pa" she sweetly smiled.

The butterflies flutter in his stomach is so familiar. His heart beats for a new name after years of moving on. He stares at the woman who sees his worth for so long. Regret found him upon thinking how blind he is not to see the right person for him. She's been with him all this time. If only he wasn't blinded by Lea's presence. If only he can pull back the hands of time. He'd choose the woman with him right now.

But he knows it isn't too late for that.

Things have its own perfect time and having her for the rest of his life starts at this perfect moment. He pulled a tiny box out of his pocket. Carla's eyes turned glassy for she knew this is what she's been dreaming of.

Aga took the ring out of it and slipped it on her finger. "Hon, marry me because I won't take 'no' for an answer"

Carla chuckled from his affirmative tone with joyful tears running down her cheeks. "And I won't say 'no' as an answer"

He smiled, gently pulling her for a hug. His new chapter in life starts at this very moment with the person he'd forever cherish.