Chapter XXXVI

Apology to everybody. I don't know what gotten into me. I took down the previously published Chapter 36. 🙈

Here's one to make it up to all of you ❤️✌🏻
____________________________

The days went by as hectic as it used to be but in her lone time she can't help but think of the possibility. They're moving at the same place, at the same field and at the same spin of time - a déjà vu. Nonetheless, what happened in the past stays in the past. He's part of her dark yesterday that she no more wanted to remember. She overthinks a lot these days as to why he's here. Assumptions flood her mind these passing days. She thinks that Aga might be here for a vengeance or maybe he knows about the kids and plans to take them away. Aga has all the parental rights to the kids and that makes her feel timid. Howbeit, she won't give him satisfaction.

She's scanning a document when Atty. Pacis came in. She placed her iPad on Lea's full-of-papers table.

"You gotta check this out" her serious tone makes Lea paused from what she's doing.

"What is this?" reaching for it on the table. She checked it out. Her eyes squint upon reading it.

Annually, a survey result is released revealing the highest rated intelligence agency around the region. Recognitions and awards would be given to the leading agency on the succeeding week of the releasing date. Hers has been on the first spot not just a year or two but more than her fingers can count of. But, this year they got the second spot. It makes her angrier seeing what agency got the first spot. She clenches her fist on the lap, composing.

1.) M.A Private Intelligence Agency

2.) LCS Private Intelligence Agency

Atty. Pacis gave her the invitation for the said event. "It's on Friday night"

She knows very well that he'd be around on that event. Her heart pounds for it depicts the familiar beating. Awards would be received by the founder of each agency and that clearly means her presence is a must.

No escape this time.

"Attorney, are you okay?" she added when Lea went silent.

"Yes. O-Of course. Friday night, right? I'll be there" she swallowed the lump on her throat.

She has zero idea what's her sudden uneasiness for. It's an annual event so she got used to it. She shrugged off her mind from the thought that maybe it's because of him.

"Alright. I gotta go now. Save the time and date. Tomorrow night at 7pm" Atty. Pacis added.

She leaned her back on the swivel chair. Thinking about valid reasons to not attend but her mind is occupied with the thought of him. She doesn't want to feel his presence ever again.

He is surprised by his colleagues. His uncle announced to everyone in the agency that they got the first spot. It's the biggest achievement they got by far and that's because of Aga's determination.

"Oo nga pala. Before I forgot, the awarding is scheduled tomorrow night. You have to be there .... " his uncle placed the invitation card and before twisting the doorknob,

" .... and LCS' founder would be there, too" he added then left.

He told his uncle about her and that's a huge regret. His uncle didn't drop the topic since then and likes to tease him about that founder. Though he knows Aga is a soon-to-be groom. It feels like he met another Santiago and Monteiro at his uncle's human form.

Aga paused for a sec to sink in the fact of seeing her again. Even though it's been five years his pain remains as it is. It never swept away his mind as time went by. If only he has the control of his own fate he'd never want to see Lea ever again.

It's her 10th outfit but she couldn't make up her mind on what to wear. She doesn't want to look neither well-dressed nor unprepared though it's a simple event. Her little girl, Nathalia, is playing on her bed when she suggested.

"Momma, that red one" she pointed at the simple yet sophisticated knee-length fitted dress.

Lea took it out of her closet, smiling. "You got pretty taste my love"

In just few minutes, she's ready to go with an unknown feeling in her heart. She feels uncomfortable not about her outfit but maybe, just maybe, because the man she hated the most is there. After instructing the nanny about the kids and kissing good night her little girls she hit the road.

He arrived at the venue just in time with his uncle. It was filled with agents in different designations. His uncle introduced him to some people but his eyes seem to search for someone.

His heart seems to beat for someone's name.

His mind seems to remind him of someone's presence.

But, an hour had passed without him seeing that someone. He feels a bit comfortable from thinking that maybe she is not around. Maybe she sends someone in her behalf to attend. The high rated agencies are called accordingly and each founder has to give a speech. He urges himself to focus but heart knows what it wants.

"And for the second highest rated intelligence agency of the year may we call on the founder of LCS Private Intelligence Agency, Ms. Lea Carmen Salazar"

Time seems to stop along with the people around and that there's only he and her exist. His heart skips a beat upon seeing the woman it used to beat for. His eyes gaze at her every move like what he used to before. He stares at her for he doesn't know how long. She sashayed in the middle of the applauding crowd, grinning. Her bobcut hair suits well to her initimidating look. She becomes more successful looking woman. Deep in his fragmented heart, he feels the longingness where it shouldn't be anymore.

It's like a slap to his face that she managed to live the best time of her life for the passing years while he, on the other hand, suffered a lot. Suddenly, his mind remembers every pain. The sorrow that she left in his life. The heartache that she caused. And, that day she left without any words. He felt the torment once again. His feet lead him out of the venue to breathe for he couldn't help but torn apart.