Chapter XXVII

Woah! It never crossed my mind that this story would be worthy of 3k reads! I really appreciate your precious time spent with me! Thank you so much for the votes, comments and reads!

SNIPPET: The truth is about to uncover!

We're heading on the other side of the world as Atty. Salazar is bound to leave.

Would Atty. Martinez still persist on his feelings for Atty. Salazar despite the hurtful truth?
(Love conquers all)

Or

Would this be the beginning of the end? (Some things are not really meant to be no matter how much we want it to be)

Stay tune for more scenes!

Prayers for everyone's safety from this pandemic. Salamuch once again! ❤️

____________________________

The time flew fast, it's her last day at the firm. Looking back, she could say it's a victory. It's a success for her plan that's worth of years of preparation, of plotting, of everything that needed to put into considerations.

A plan that Aga has never been a part of.

If there's one thing she didn't plan it's this. This situation she's currently into. This feeling she never imagined having. It's a different case of love, a complicated one.

Lea has been staring at her resignation letter on the table for minutes now. Thinking how she would explain everything to him. Finding the right words for it but even Mr. Webster is useless. No words could form a better explanation for this. After letting her wall fell for him, she doesn't know what might happen next. She goes with the flow of her feelings 'til she reached this day, unprepared.

Everything happened in a blistering pace. He was that handsome-alluring-annoying attorney she met on her first day at the firm. Out of her knowledge that his annoyance was slowly growing into a form of romance in her.

She has paperworks to finish for her last day in the firm. For the passed days, she declined any new cases to handle as she's scheduled to leave tomorrow.

Her phone rings on top of a pile of documents. Lora's name appeared on the screen.

"Hi. Was about to invite you for a lunch" she wanted to seek love advice from her bestfriend. Lora has a lot of experience in love though she wanted to stay maiden.

"Lei, have you heard the news?" Lora asked.

"News? About what?" she paused from typing on her Macbook.

"About your soon-to-be father-in-law. Lumabas na ang court decision and he's now arrested. I'm on my way to the police station"

She should be happy because fin'ly it's happening. She searched for a bliss in her heart but there's none.

"Lei? Hello? Are you alright? Still there?"

She pressed the end button, hastily walked to Aga's office. Her heart is as if in a race and for what reason she couldn't decipher. She wants to see him, talk to him. Maybe this is the right time or maybe not but it doesn't matter. What matters to her right at this very moment is to be on his side. A smidgen of remorse sparks in her where it shouldn't supposed to be. He is for sure anguish at this moment and she's the caused of it. It only adds insult to the injury.