Chapter IX

It's passed 6pm and Lea's secretary is off to go.

"Attorney, una na po ako. Uhm, s-sorry po ulit kanina. Hinayaan ko pong bukas yung pinto niyo, sorry po talaga attorney"

"Just don't do it next time Alina" she's just facing her laptop without looking at her secretary.

"Yes attorney. Sorry po ulit. Ahm, mauuna na po ako"

"Sige na. Ingat"

"Thank you po" she closed the door.

Lea looked up and leaned on her swivel chair to relax a bit. She closed her eyes for awhile then a knock on the door distracted her.

Who could it be at this hour?

"Come in" she sits down properly and fixes herself.

The door swung open and she raised her brow upon seeing who it was, "ano na naman?"

Aga is holding two bags of foods, "Hi. Uhm, I ... I am here to ... apologize. Attorney, I am sorry. I swear hindi ako namboso. Napadaan lang talaga ako and napansin kong bukas ang pinto mo and I ... I saw you"

"Pamboboso parin yun. You saw me taking off my blazer. Kung hindi kita napansin, malamang you'll see the whole thing that you're not suppose to"

"Okay...okay. Fine. I am sorry pero please maniwala ka. Hindi naman ako ganung lalaki, I am not a pervert if that's what you think of me. Sorry, please 'wag na natin tong palakihin pa. Just ... just tell me what you want me to do and I bought foods. I don't know if you like Japanese foods but ..."

"Nag aaksaya ka ng panahon. You can go now"

"Oh come on. Please. Treat this as my peace offering sa lahat ng pang iinis ko sa'yo. I know I ruined your days many times"

She leaned on her chair and crossed her arms, "Exactly! Bakit nga ba? Why do you hate me so much?"

"I don't" he heaved a sigh. "Okay. Nandito na lang din naman tayo, I guess this is the right time to know each other" he entered her office and laid the foods on her table.

She rolled her eyes.

"I don't hate you. It's just that .... dad is so amazed by you. He even compared me to you for countless times even if you're not yet starting your first day here"

"What?" she can't believe to what he said.

"I saw your credentials. You have a lot of achievements. I know you published a lot of books in the US. Actually, I bought one of your books last year. Di ko nga inexpect na makakatrabaho kita. I know you're also an advocate of women's rights so that explains why you got mad at me awhile ago. Kahit naman madalas kitang inisin, I know a lot about your works. I research about you, it's not stalking ha baka isipin mo. So, maybe it's...it's envy rather than hate. Sorry"

She doesn't know what to react. All this time she thought he hates her presence but the truth behind his actions are deep. He's like a child pressured by his parents to excel.

"Why are you doing this? It's obvious that you don't want me here because of your dad. For a month, you're treating me as your opponent like we're in a competition"

"That's why I apologize. Wala ka namang ginagawa pero eto ako ginagalit ka. Maybe you're right when you called me 'immature' "

She quickly remembers their quarell this afternoon.

"Fine. We're fine now. You don't have to buy me anything. I'm fine with a simple apology. Except kanina, I was in rage"

"Para namang tinataboy mo ko niyan. Kakasabi mo lang ng we're fine now eh. Sabayan mo na ako, I bought all of these for us because it's dinner time already"