Chapter LII - Part 1

The morning started off with her kids' wailing that woke her up. She groans, rubbing eyes. Their nanny and housemaid tried to calm them down but the wailing didn't stop. Soon after she got up, the door swung open and their audible cries melt her down. Tears keep falling down their cheeks as they run to her.

"Momma, where's daddy?", Nathalia climbs on her bed, sobbing. Isabelle did the same.

"Ma'am, pasensiya na po. Nagwawala 'yung dalawa nong hindi nila nakita si Sir, eh", their nanny explained.

"Ayaw po tumahan, Ma'am", the housemaind added.

She nodded and instructed them to prepare their breakfast instead. Their cheeks turned pinkish followed by hiccups and that clenched her heart. The kids long for their daddy's love but she dismayed them. It hurts to see the kids like this but there's nothing she could do, "girls, you listen to momma. Daddy told you yesterday that he won't be in the US for one month, right? That's quite long but he would call you everyday"

Nathalia pouts, "But momma we miss daddy. Can we go to Phippines?"

She smiled at her, "it's Philippines, love. We can't. Momma has work here"

"Please, m-mo-momma. W-We want to s-se-see da-d-daddy", Isabelle chokes up, rubbing her droopy eyes.

She gently pulls them to her lap, "girls, I know you miss daddy. Momma, too. I miss your daddy, too", tears warned to fall but the kids are looking at her, she sucked her upper lip instead and added, "but he needs to be with your abu. Your daddy's mom. Don't worry, daddy promised me to call us once he arrived there. Okay? Stop crying now. Do you want pancakes?". They shook their heads and lean on her chest instead, sobbing. Her heart crumbled hearing them like this. It even hurts more knowing the fact this is her fault. She wants the best for them but it seems the other way around. That complete family she dreams for them turned vague induced by her miscalculated actions. Maybe he was right, she lacked trust for him. Her actions taken failed to protect the kids from pain. She failed. In the end, she hurt them including her man unwittingly. The knots between them remains unsolved as days pass by. Aga never missed a day without talking to their children. He assures to fulfill his obligations despite the miles between them but she can feel his icy treatment whenever they talk.

"Mom is fine. She's advised by the doctor to recuperate before the surgery takes place", he tells her from the other line. The kids slumbered to her side after watching cartoons so she got a solo moment with him.

"That's good to hear, babe", she smiled at him.

"I have to end this now, Lei. Uncle asked for a help kase para sa isang case. I'll call again tomorrow", he's about to end the call but she speaks up.

"Lei? One week pa nga lang 'yung dumaan, sobrang cold mo na. I sent you messages everyday but I received nothing in return. Yung cold treatment mo sa'kin abot hanggang dito, eh. Babes naman", she bit her upper lip to halt tears from falling.

"Lea, I had a long day. 'Wag na muna ngayon"

"Is that all you can say? Babes, I miss you everyday. How about me? Did I ever cross your mind? O talagang sukdulan na 'yang galit mo sa'kin?", she can't help but let the tears fall down her cheeks.

"You're always in my mind, babes. You never left. You have my heart wherever I go but ... I told you we both need some time. The pain remains in me, Lei", he lowered down his gaze.

"I'm sorry, babes", she wiped the tears off her face but another fell. It didn't stop along with the heartache she has. Seeing her man in pain that she caused broke her heart into smithereens. She feels the need to do something but none runs to her mind. This is making her mind goes round in circles.

Few more days gone by with Aga's constant cold treatment. Lea thinks to amp up her actions for his forgiveness. She did too much towards him from Martinez Law Firm's downfall to keeping the kids from him. She deprived him of rights to know them. And it prompts her to make a move.