Chapter XXVIII

The gloomy weather of the morning concurred with her dreary heart and mind. She cried her heart out last night and slept through her heartache. She slept for only an hour or two, the pain remains there. It doesn't slip away so easily but what more hurtful is him who caused her that pain.

The man she loves wholeheartedly, breaking the wall for him that she puts up in years. Letting him enters her lonely world, him leaving her world lonely again. It's the reason why she never believed in love - it's a lame thing as what she reminds herself. Love is an illusion, an escape from the painful reality of life.

But truly, heart is stubborn when it falls.

"You don't have to go back there if you don't want to. Ako na lang kukuha sa mga gamit mo sa office" Lora said.

Lea is fixing herself, puts on a make up to conceal her swollen eyes. If only her broken heart can also be concealed easily.

"Ako na. I'm fine. Don't worry about me" with melancholic tone.

"Eh pano kung magkita kayo? What will you do?"

"Pray for me ..." she loads her handgun.

"... not to shoot someone"

"Lea, don't go that far. You're leaving today and one day all of this would be just part of your past. Wag ka magpadala sa emosyon mo"

"It depends" she casually retorted, inserting her gun in a waistband behind her.

Lora just shook her head while watching her. She knows Lea very well. She's a kind of woman no one wants to mess with.

Upon reaching the parking lot, Lora informed Lea her morning agenda. "So pano ba yan? I have court hearing this morning. I can't drop you off the firm"

Lea decided to leave her car at the condo's parking lot yesterday. She wants to return it as well as her unit to the firm.

"It's okay. Can I borrow your motorbike?"

"Sure" Lora replied, giving over to Lea the key.

"Let's just see each other at the airport later" she wears the helmet, rides on the motorbike to hit the road.

Aga arrived at the firm. He didn't get enough sleep thinking about Lea. She's still not picking up her phone and it's killing him inside. He sent 21 messages but got nothing even a single reply. He called 51 times but she missed it all, not able to hear her voice even just for a simple hello.

The arrest of his father and the firm's sagging situation are also a burden on his shoulder. A number of lawyers and staffs filed for resignation, only very few people are left. It's excruciating and depressing stirred up at once.

A knock on the door enliven his body, a little hope ignites in him. Silently praying that it's her.

The door swung open but to his dismay, it's Raven.

"Why are you here?" with agigated voice.

Raven has been thinking about this. He made up his mind to not interfere but it baffled his mind whole night. Seeing the current situation of the firm, he knows that the truth must be revealed.

Raven walked towards Aga. "I'm not here for a fight. I know we've been .... hating each other for years but .... I think you should know about this" he placed a folder on Aga's table.

"What's that?"

"Check it out"

Aga reached for it, confused.