Chapter XXII

"Can I ask you something?" he asked.

They're now at their table that Aga reserved. It's on the balcony of the restaurant where the city lights can be seen sparkling along with the stars at the sky. The moonlight shines and cold breeze of wind blows some strands of her hair. He's been here for countless times but tonight is different. Romantically different.

It's a beautiful night with his prettiest woman in front of him.

He's falling in love with her deeper as time goes by. But he wants to make sure about her feelings. She wanted him to stay away but her kisses are urging him to stay.

The words she uttered are different from what she's showing. For that, he's confused.

"Sure. What is it?" she sipped her champagne.

"Lei, do you have feelings for me?"

She paused.

"I know you've told me na wala akong aasahan sayo, na nag-aaksaya lang ako ng panahon at ..."

"And you've told me that you love me but you're flirting with someone else"

That kissing scene he had with Atty. Carla Melendez flashed back his mind.

"She kissed me and I was shocked. I wasn't expecting it. That was nothing, Lei"

"This is nothing too. Ikaw na rin ang nagsabi na hayaan kitang ipakita sakin how much you love me. Here you go. I'm letting you"

Her mind says avoid him but her heart beats for his name. She tried to follow what is right and that's to avoid him. To prevent herself from falling for him but she can't. At the end, it's her heart she followed. She let herself to fall for him. Now, she's afraid where this situation would lead her to.

"But why do I feel like there's just a part of you that's holding you back? You told me that I might regret knowing you if I knew the real you. Is there .... something I should know about you?"

It pierced her heart. His eyes are asking for answer. An answer that she knew would hurt him. She loves him so much that it makes her now confuse if this plan should still push through. Loving him has never been a part of it. Falling for him has never been her plan. And if one day comes that she'd lose him, there's nobody else to blame but herself.

"A lot. There are a lot of things that you don't know about me"

"Then tell me. I want to know every little thing about you, Lei"

She's about to speak but her phone rings.

"Excuse me. I have to take this call"

"Sure"

Lea stood up and took few steps away from their table. It's enough for him not to eavesdrop.

"Yes hello?" she answered.

"Attorney, it's me, Atty. Joey Pacis. Good evening to you there. When will you go back here in US?"

"I'll try to check the date later. Why? Is everything okay there?"

"We have two big cases attorney. One is from LCS Law Firm and the other is from LCS Private Intelligence. I sent you an email. Please check it and we all hope that you come back as soon as possible. We can't do this without you"

She sighed and turned to see her man at the table. "I'm coming back, just give me 2 weeks at most. Keep in touch", call ended.

A lot of responsibilities are awaiting for her in US. She is not just an ordinary lawyer. LCS Law Firm is a huge firm owned by her that is based in US. They specialize in civil cases. At the same time she owns a private intelligence agency and it's known only by high profile people. She's a lawyer and spy. Her profession requires a tough and brave characters but never in her wildest dream that love would defy these characters in her.