Chapter XV

Suggestion: Play the attached song while reading the story. Salamuch readers ❤️

Her day went by as usual; hectic and arduous. It becomes part of her system, and Lora would sometimes jest around in setting her up on a date. A maiden with anti-romance standpoint, she describes herself as such. She averts eyes at the window pane as driblets of raindrop falling outside. All of a sudden he popped up through mind. And, that rainy day when they clashed over her accusation dredged up. Both of them eluded each other's path for the passing days.

Why do I feel this way? We barely know each other. I shouldn't get attached to him in all aspects. Aalis ka rin Lea pagkatapos ng lahat ng to at uuwi ka rin sa US. You'll no longer see him. For sure he'll hate you once the truth uncovers.

Night sky halted itself from crying, and she left the firm. Her mind has a vast of discombobulated thoughts comixed with her unnamed emotion. Aga has been distant and cold towards her. For years, she's good in controlling her feelings to any men. There were quite few heartaches she had experienced in life that taught her one thing. Only few chosen people are worth of trust. She knew that people come and go. Do not beg for someone to stay for it's something we can't force to anybody. Let go of those who want to leave your life. At the end, it's yourself who you can trust and nobody else. Love is like a candle. It would brighten up your world, gives shine to your gloom.

But once put out, it would leave you in somber. Notion of love is a lame thing.

This is what she keeps on reminding herself.

"Another shot", Aga raised his shot glass for a refill. He is sober. The firm's problem has been spinning his head for days now. The joyful eyes of Raven staring at Lea is crumbling his heart. He saw them together entering the firm this morning.

His head aches.

His heart hurts.

It's his fifth shot of rum but has no effect. He feels the same pain.

He failed as a son.

He failed as a man.

He started liking her more after that sinful rainy day.

Hi, everybody. My heart is full upon seeing your welcoming countenance. I see grins everywhere, and I'm pumped up to kick off this day with all of you. Regardless of the chosen legal area, we share the same profession in attaining justice. Same duties to apprise clients of their legal rights and give them a steer. And, I surmise that we could get along pretty well

He was there glancing at her while introducing herself to everyone. He was late that day because of traffic. Nobody noticed him as everyone was listening to her.

She looks intimidating but classy.

She looks strict but witty.

That elevator scene was his first time to see her for only an inch away. He stared at her as if it's his first time to see a pretty face. He got lost at her presence.

Baka malusaw ako niyan

That's the first time he stared at those eyes. He wanted to sound casual even if his heart was throbbing.

You must be the new lawyer

He is definitely not good at starting a conversation with women.

Yes, I am.

He didn't want to sound bragging about their firm but it's the best in the whole region.

Only the best lawyers can survive here