Chapter XLI

The seven suspects for the shooting incident of which five of them are alive have been identified by the authority and are imprisoned. It somehow mollifies the worries caused by that incident to Lea. Summer break is just less than a month away so the school opted to continue classes virtually and to ebb the anxiety it caused as well. She takes time off for days to take care of the kids and as per her mom's nonstop advice as well. Lucky for her that she got a trusted set of people at her companies most specially Joey. And for that, her mind is at ease while she spends time with her little ones. Joey keeps her up to date with the daily status of the agency and firm including George. That persistent-undeniably-handsome man sent flowers to the firm few times though her secretary kept on telling him that Lea takes some time off. Lora finds it romantic and pushes Lea to give it a shot but love this time around is just like a gamble for her. Its uncertainty makes her a hesitant.

"So, what's your decision?" her mom pays a visit this afternoon.

"I don't know yet, Ma. Besides, I don't think we're on the best time for this. There's this grudge we're holding on ourselves for quite some time and it might affect the kids instead, Ma. I can't afford to see them hurting, they don't deserve it. They're too young for that, Ma. I can't. I just can't" she glances at her kids playing at the pool area.

"The final verdict will come from you, Carmen, pero ang sa akin lang baka masayang yung panahon. Mas makakabuti sa mga bata na makilala yung ama nila habang maaga pa. You hold the key for this situation, anak. Baka sa huli, ikaw pa sisisihin ng mga bata at ni Aga. The two of you can settle this if you just give it a try. Matatanda na kayo, Carmen. Prioritize the kids and not that hatred from the past"

"Ma, alam mo naman diba? The last time we met wasn't that good. I need some time to decide. Magulo pa yung isipan ko, Ma", she told her mom about Aga working here in the US and him being an agent as well. Joy is doubtful about it but is more concerned about the kids.

"It's up to you. You're the mother pero ang akin lang is for my apos' well-being. For five years they never experienced growing up with a father. You've been there once, anak. You knew very well it wasn't that easy and the kids don't deserve that just because their parents have past issues in life"

She let it sink in her mind. This has been running on and off her mind for days after that incident at school. Though there haven't been a notable changes at their behavior except for some nightmares but their father's presence would be of great help as what the pediatrician's advice.

Isabelle just got out from the pool and came to her momma for a barbeque. "Momma, when will we go back to school?"

"Next school year, love. Why? Do you miss your playmates?" she dries her off with a towel.

"Because Mr. Morning promised to visit us at school so we can see him again" she turned to face her mom.

"Baby, you'll surely see Mr. Morning again. Maybe not yet now" she pinched her little Isabelle's pinkish cheek.

"But, Momma, we'd like you to meet our new friend" she pouted.

"Come here ..." she pulls Isabelle closer and gave her a peck on the forehead, "... I want to meet Mr. Morning, too. I badly want to thank him for saving my lovely babies but we don't know how. We don't even know his complete name but I promise to look for him. Okay?" She lifted her chin up gently. Isabelle nods at her mom. This Mr. Morning occupies a portion of her thoughts for days, she has a huge debt of gratitude to this man nonetheless. But, his dimples and nationality are all she got as his identities.