Angst

So i was sitting there, barque sauce on my titties-

WARNING: THERE WILL BE SOME VERY SENSITIVE SUBJECTS

.°●•○°●•☆°●○°.○*.°○.●°.•○☆°.○●°*.°○●°

It was that night.

Like, not to sound angsty, but it was the night Kaze's mom died.

It was eleven years ago, and it was all in the past. She didn't hold some deep vengeance hatred. It feels more like when you read a scene in a book, like it never happened. A figment of ones imagination.

Kaze's mother, to be frank, was a screw up.

Like, she was a damn great mom! But in societies eyes, she was nothing.

She was a teen mom. Pregnant at the ripe age of sixteen, but the baby daddy didn't leave her. They stayed together, but Kaze's mother ran away from home to be with her boyfriend. The baby daddy.

Kaze's mother's name was Iris. Yes, she was in fact half american. She had bright yellow eyes, like Kazehira. And long messy brown hair, she was quite average looking, yet she somehow managed to snag Kaze's father, Eiichi. In high school standards, he was the hunk. The jock. The one dude everyone wanted to bang. White hair that always seemed to fall into place perfectly, and violet eyes that were like the galaxy, not to mention his body. It was clear Kaze had gotten most of her looks from him.

Iris's quirk was 'Self regeneration', being passed onto Kaze but mutating to be a quirk to heal others. Kind of like Iris's mother, or Kaze's grandmother. Eiichi's quirk was called 'Thought Change'. Exactly as the name implies, he can change the thoughts of people around him, but he could hear those thought. The drawback was terrible though.

Each time her over used his quirk, he adopted a new mental illness. Examples, depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder and so many more.

Iris had run away from home to be with him, dropping out of high school to take care of their baby as he went to work and did high school. She was a stay at home wife, having eloped when they were eighteen. Eventually, he couldn't handle working three jobs at once, quit and began gambling.

He may not have been the best role model, but hey at least he taught Kaze how to play poker and go fish like a champ.

They were a happy, dysfunctional family.

But remember that drawback? Often growing up, Eiichi was heavily advised not to use his quirk so he never got any practice or tolerance to hes own quirk. So using his quirk to constantly change people's thoughts as well as read them and such during games of poker and black jack, he had picked up a lot of mental illnesses.

He drank a lot, but he was a very passive drunk. Often acting as if he was high. He was still a great father, and always paid the bills and put food on the table. Always made time for Kaze, or his Little Dove as he called her.

He himself did not come from a very great household, Eiichi's father was also a drunk gambler but was a horrible man. Eiichi made sure he never raised a hand to his daughter or wife.

But, after a while Eiichi's illnesses caught up to him. Driving home from an especially hard night at the club and heavily under the influence of alcohol he stumbled home. Rent was three days over due, and Iris was not happy.

"Eiichi? You didn't pay the rent! It was due three days ago! Were you drunk again!?" Iris's voice steadily rising in anger.

It was all just.. incredibly bad timing.