1 year

October 28, 2018

"So? Have you decided what she's going to be for Halloween?" Sam asked.

"What?" Bucky laughed sitting down with Natalia on his lap.

"Halloween? When people dress up?"

"She's eleven days old she's not dressing up."

"You're no fun." Sam pouted.

Steve walked into the room and Natalia's arm shot out towards him.

Bucky laughed pulling her arm down, "Doctor was right. Reflexes do start kicking in this week."

"You want your papa?" He whispered picking her up as he stood up.

He walked over and handed her to Steve.

"I agree with Sam. We should dress her up." Steve said as he followed him over to the couch.

"Steve!"

"It'll be fun! And we can get free candy!"

"Candy goes on sale the day after."

"He said free not fee." Sam corrected.

"Go to work. He made you Captain for some reason."

"I could send you to work."

"No you can't."

"Yes I can."

"No you can't! Steve! Tell him!" Bucky shouted.

Steve looked down at the baby, bopping her nose repeatedly, staying out of the conversation.

"So I'm out three hero's? Everyone takes a break when I'm in charge?" Sam scoffed.

"Oh fuck you! I fought in World War Two! And I was gay during it! That's enough trauma for me!"

"Sam also fought with the military." Steve whispered.

"Oh fuck you all!" He shouted standing up and taking his daughter away from Steve.

"Come on, Natalia, it's tummy time." He coo'd as he walked away.
————————————————————————
October 31, 2018

Bucky opened the door and Natasha walked in.

"How's it going Cowboy?" She laughed looking at his outfit.

"Harde har har." He said rolling his eyes.

"Steve wanted to dress up for Halloween. I remembered him mentioning something about cowboys turning him on. Seemed like a win win. He gets us all to dress up, I get to watch him squirm." He said with a grin as they walked up to Natalias actual room which in the mean time they were using for a "play room" and for tummy time.

He picked her up, "She's been such a good girl. Barely crying now and seems to enjoy tummy time." He said with a smile as he looked over his pumpkin dressed daughter.

"Steve pick the costume?" Natasha asked.

"Obviously. He gets all the fun and I get all the parenting."

"I'm sorry watching a baby lie on the ground is boring!" Steve shouted from upstairs.

"Not my fault I don't want our daughter to have a flat head!" Bucky shouted back.

"I'm guessing you haven't slept much the past few days."

"She sleeps all the time except when we need her to." He laughed.

"I'm slowly going insane, Natasha and it's only been two weeks. What's going to happen the next eighteen years?"

"Do you need to go back to work already?"