Battle Ground | Juza Hyodo

[ ANGST ]

" How did this happen?! " The purple-haired actor rammed his hands on the thick glass that separates him from you.

You looked so lonely inside a quarantined room.

Juza's yellow eyes studied your body, you don't even look like you're sick yet. The huge baby bump that signifies your incoming birth worried him all the more, he was fresh out from practice only to be met by such devastating news.

As a nurse, in times when a Pandemic happens, this was your battleground. As a frontliner, even if you're pregnant and even if they have given you time for maternity leave, in times when a hospital is desperate for more people— being so kind hurts that you volunteered to stay. Seeing people suffer from the virus, seeing them being so far away from their families, you called yourself lucky to have been healthy enough for you and your baby to work. But being surrounded by people who were affected by the virus? Being affected as well is not impossible. It is a risk you swore to take the moment you became a nurse, it is a risk the not just you had taken but a lot of front liners in the world did.

" Your wife has been a great help to us, she took her position as a frontliner to heart. We are so grateful..

We're also sorry, Hyodo-san. She tested positive from the swab test. "

It wasn't like the virus is incurable because it's not. A lot of people had recovered after fighting for their lives on the hospital bed. But what bothered Juza was that you were due soon, you're going to give birth really soon and he was afraid of your child's condition. The fact that he cannot be with you during delivery unless you've already recovered hurts him all the more.

From your seat inside the quarantined room, you looked back to see your husband behind the glass doors. You walked over with a gentle smile on your face, you've been waiting for so long to see him— " I'll be fine. I love you. "

" I love you most.. Be okay."

Juza was forbidden to visit a lot of times as the ward where you're quarantined in is also the same ward for those who are infected by the virus. Though Juza drops by once or even none in a week, he can't even focus on practices or even sleep— his mind filled with thoughts of you. If you are doing okay, if you can recover quickly if he'll be there to see his pregnant wife's first delivery.

Juza then thought of writing letters for you to read on which you are able to write back. Your co-nurses who now take care of you are being supportive as usual by sneaking in a lot of bond papers, a correction tape, and a ballpen for you to write a reply back. This had been the usual then, Juza would come by the hospital's entrance every day to leave the letter off to a close nurse and then he'd come back every night to retrieve your reply.

He didn't find this tiring at all.

" Hang in there, (name). You have to kick this virus' ass! " A close nurse of yours said, you smiled in spite wanting to cough, but what shocked you the most was feeling a weird sensation and then feeling wet down there.

" Oh gosh-! "

" M–my water just broke, damn it! " You shrieked, your raised voice woke the nurse's senses as she ran away to call the doctor. How many weeks has it been that you're in the hospital? Recovery from a mild case usually takes a week or two, critical takes longer than that. You've been feeling more declined lately, what's happening?

Sure enough, you were then ready for labor, the nurses told you that your husband had arrived but you don't even want to open your eyes due to the pain mixed with you coughing every damn time.

You can't count the hours of the agonizing pain you felt, but when the doctor realized that the labor isn't progressing– he announced something that you thought was completely opposed to vaginal delivery. " We have to do an emergency C-Section. "

" What?! " Was your response, though instead of it sounding frustrated– it was only a whimper that left your lips. The pain of being cut open and the pain of suffering from the virus, it was killing you.

Time passed and finally, the little angel is out of your womb. You can vividly hear the child's cries, or see the way that the nurses held your baby. You saw your husband before the glass wall that had yet separated you two again. That was all you've seen before you passed out.

How awful is it to be like this.

(Last Name) (Name) known to be an enthusiastic and optimistic nurse in Veludo Way Hospital. Because of her bright personality, she was able to grab the attention of the sweet–loving hunk named Hyodo Juza. You claimed it wasn't a regret to have such a man like him, you claimed that when you were dating and even claimed it again when you swore your vow on your wedding day. You claimed he was the best when you wake up next to him every day, and he believed in each word that falls from your lips.

You, too, are the best.

" I'm going to be a dad? " Juza asked in shock, you hopped lightly with a grin– nodding as he grabbed you softly with no words to exchange. His heart was beating so loud.

" We'll have an amazing family, just as how I vowed. "

" It's a relief for your child, the rate of an unborn having the virus being passed down is low– Still, you are blessed. " The doctor assured Juza who nodded, a grim expression on his face still.

The doctor was hesitant at first, she was close to Juza and his wife. But she bet sugarcoating her words wouldn't really do him good either. So she explained what she knows. " Women dying from C-section has a low rate, we were expecting for a progressive labor but even so— your wife saved your child's life, unfortunately just not hers.

She really takes her title of a front liner to heart, I'm sorry for your loss– Hyodo-san. "

OMG I KILLED THE READERPLS DONT BITE IM SMOL

PLS DONT BITE IM SMOL

I'M LATE AGAIN, BELATED HAPPY
BIRTHDAY CITRON-SAMA, YOU ARE
JUST AS AMAZING AS THE FIRST
TIME I SAW YOU— PLS BE WITH
ME! ╥﹏╥

alright everyone i'm going to
apologize for taking soooo long
to update nowadays, there is
a supposed to be angst oneshot
that i should've published yesterday
but it's a real sensitive one that's
why i need everyone's opinion
about it. it's an angst oneshot
involved with sexual themes,
will it be fine for you guys to
read it? please let me know,
i'll publish it right away.

++ when i updated the taichi os,
i actually finished the new A3 event,
i was supposed to talk to you guys
about it but i forgot GOMEN
╥﹏╥

+++ take care you guys & stay
hydrated, i'll publish few more
angst oneshots on the way– pls
don't hurt me ╥﹏╥ with that,
i hope to see everyone on the
next onee~!
—Hayami