Fated on Birthdays | Kumon Hyodo

happy birthday, honey.
i'll give you headpats too, no?

· · ·

soulmate au whereas everyone has
a mandatory-to-wear ring accessory that let you feel emotions of your pair. the ring loosens ( as in it won't fit you anymore ) if you acknowledge your pair. the ring might tighten even if you met them, which means you or your pair isn't ready to spend a life
time yet.

Soulmate is a weird concept.

It's even weirder that everyone ought to have one.

We can only bid our farewells to those innocent ones who were 'fatefully' bound with the killers. And we can bid a good 'sayonara' to those people who are stuck with the people they can never get along with. What's the whole point of forced love anyway? If this world is really free, then so should your choice of partner. You could never understand the system, that's why you disliked it.

No, You hated it.

It's not like you came from a family who despised it, your parents are actually all lovey-dovey towards one another. But you can never stop your perspective from there, you can always widen your senses and wake up to the call of reality that the thought of soulmates sucks when you can just have the freedom of marrying the person you really like. And when did this reality snapped at you? When almost all of the guys you liked turned you down because they found their soulmates or they're waiting for them.

Seriously, why wait when they can have you?!

" Hey honey, do you find anyone handsome from there? The orange-haired kid looks good for ya! " Your mother chimed, popping a thumb of approval.

Currently, the theatre show that you and your family decided to check out is taking a break, this is also the perfect time for the audience to go to the restroom or buy whatever food they want for the second set of the show. But in your case, you would rather daydream about how the system of soulmates sucks than take a break at all. "Orange head..? There was an actor there who is an orange head? "

" Mom, take it slow on nee-san! She has been rejected again, it's only fair her mind's flying right now. " Your little brother shot, earning a glare from you and an urge to flick his forehead for knowing too much.

" Again?! That's the third in your entire existence! You should stop chasing men and let them do the chasing- hon! " Your mother advised.

But even that wouldn't stop you.

The truth is, you are picky with the guys you like. Though even if the saying goes 'beggars can't be choosers', the fact that you still have a little bit of decency to those guys you like rounds about your dignity. You've only liked three guys in your entire life of breathing and all of them turned you down. The recent one was a good friend of yours for years yet he, too, believed in the so-called power of fate and that his 'the one' isn't you. He believed more on the color-changing ring you have to wear more than the feelings you can offer!