Being Selfish | Chikage Utsuki

" Yoho! " You happily greeted as you entered the Mankai dorms, bound boxes of sweets on hand and your little brother clutching onto your arm- the intention of greeting you with a hug was cut off when everyone was met by Masumi's glares.

You looked at your menacing little brother with a small smile, " You don't have to be so scary.. "

" ..Just drop the sweets then go home, they'll monopolize you if you're not in my sight. " Was Masumi's reply, tightening his hold on your arm. You could only sigh at that as you called Muku over who squeaked at your request to take your gift for the actors away.

You have always looked after your little brother, Masumi, even if the situation was tight for you two to bond. Your age gap was quite long, and he was still a kid when you have long decided to become a police officer that your father wasn't so fond by the thought of. Thinking that you would rather serve humanity over taking up his business, you became one rebellious child only for your parents to acknowledge your own dreams not so long after- along with that was Masumi's agreement of you joining the front lines.

Masumi had grown really protective of you too, growing up he was like that. Even if he can't form too many words as it always would stick in his mind, you understood him one bit and did not make him feel bad about how he had become. That's why he had always cherished you then, his protective-ness was just the same as how he is to Mankai's director. " Gifts in our hands, now go.. "

" Your not-so-girlfriend invited me over for lunch, you smol awkward bean! I'm staying until my lunch time's up. " You gave your brother a grin as you ruffled his hair, you welcomed yourself in the kitchen just like any other day. You've supported them since Masumi joined, after all, it was only fair to feel so familiar around the place.

" Izumi-chan, I'll help with the cooking! " You greeted as you opted to take an apron only for an unfamiliar face to greet you. Beside Izumi was a green-haired man, besides his good looks- you definitely tasted familiarity in his form.

Izumi beamed upon your appearance, " Oh, (name)-san! Welcome! And please don't bother, you'll dirt your uniform with all the sauces. Let me and Chikage-san do the dishes. "

" Chikage-san? Huh, new kid? " You acknowledged, your gut telling you somehow something was off.

" You must be Police Officer, Usui (name)? I've heard a lot about you. I'm Utsuki Chikage. It's nice to meet you. "

You raised a brow at the guy, finally remembering who he was. You pulled yourself together so not to say a thing.

" I hope they said the good stuff. Nice meeting you too, Chikage. "

" You asshole, what the hell are you doing here?! " You asked, glaring at the man before you who could only relax at your agitated tone. His eyes brushing over to see your features ever so slightly as you pushed him down on the bench of the dorm's courtyard, your form over his in a blink and a leg beside his sitting form- hands tightly on his collar. " You two-faced cabbage agent! What's your goal here?! "

" Woah there, Officer. I'm in no mood of you to ride me today, besides we just met- "

" Stop your jokes and tell me your goal! Who are you going to kill, huh? What's your motive, is one of the actors your victims?! You're so open and I'm boiling with hatred- I might even kill you right now! " You growled, hastily grabbing your dagger from your leg as you neared it on his neck- only for you to feel the same cold metal on your neck too.