Interview - Loui Grove

I saw myself in the mirror handsome and strong, unlike me inside. I was screaming. No! I got my signal to go on. I tripped up and skidded over to Ruby Shimmer, our interviewer. A massive laugh echoed around the room. Damn! There goes first impressions. "Hello dear." Rugby said in a patronising voice. "H-h-hel-l-lo?" I stuttered over the words. I had never spoken to anyone except Hayden and sometimes Anna-Maria. But no one else and not on such a large scale. "Well, on with the show we don't have a day!" She said in a bubbly high pitched voice. I gave a little nod.
"How you liking the Capitol?" Her eyelashes flashed furiously.
"Good, yeah." A bleak look appeared on her face that said. 'You better do more than that because I can't possibly move onto the next question until you answer it properly. Time is ticking!'
"Amazing actually super hit chicks, competitive boys. Just what a guy dreams of!" Her face turned happy agian, sims girl fainted and a small  applause was in the air. This is how I was gonna do this. Be the me I never let anyone see!
"Anyone stand out this year, I mean there are some serious competitors. Might be the hardest year yet!" She stood up and the audience laughed. She looked like she was drunk but I'm sure that was how she played the audience. She was probably really nice....
"Ula Coral-District 4. Definitely. Her cunning seems unbeatable, but I'm not so sure she can take on these muscles!" I bended my arm showing my huge biceps. I had worked out on the fields a bit and my current job I was carrying produce and tools to and from the justice building. Trust me, they're heavy!
A bunch of oo's and aahhh's seeped out of the crowed up onto the stage and through my ears. Ruby seemed taken aback. "Hard to think someone only 12 could have this much." Ruby gave a shocked nod and I put my arm down. She snapped out of her daze and continued.
"So, vice-versa, who's the weakest?"
"Jinx from 12. I like the sound of her but I don't think she could kill really. She's suited for different things I suppose." I heard a few uhm's but nothing major.
"O, well, do you have a chance at winning, you seem pretty confident!" Her red hair seemed on fire. She was shooting questions at me now so I knew that the time was almost up. I needed to answer more questions or my chance of being sponsored was going to turn from 1 to 0. (Yeah, I don't have much self belief.) "I could, but I would need to push myself to the limit which is something I never do. Even talking to you, Ruby, is the hardest thing I've done so far.  But I've done it haven't I? And boss that I've done one thing I can do more. So yes, I could win. My chance is slim and I know no one really likes the outer districts but, tough! I'm a competitor and I might win." I lifted my hand in the air and a roar escalated around me. Yes! The it stopped. I sat back down for one more question.
"And why do you think you could win."
"Well, when I worked in the fields, before I took to carrying produce, I used to plant and we had spear like tools. Late in the evening me and my sister Hayden used to play outside. I would throw spear and knifes at the scarecrows and once she ran with them like moving targets. Now I have built a up my physical strength and stamina to so, I have the power and the skill. It's all in the doing they say back at home."
The sound of a buzzer went. The end.
"Well thank you. Please give it up for Loui Grove of District 11!" She thrust my hand into the air and I walked off. Everyone still thrilled from my performance. I felt like I could do anything now.