Task 3 - Voices In The Night

Antonio watched as the faces of the dead tributes flashed on the hologram. Jax Williams, Khione Xavier, Emerli Hale, Jane LouisLoui Grove and Jinx Tinsel all showed up on the screen, with their district numbers written below their headshots. Antonio sighed and watched as the hologram changed, with the new task arranged for the tributes when they awoke outlined and illustrated. Antonio took one look at the next task, and immediately an angry scowl formed on his face.

"JULIETTE!"

Antonio’s voice echoed through the room, booming around the steel walls and reverberating in the room. Juliette rolled her eyes and propped her feet up on the table, twirling a piece of hair around her fingers. Faye sat in the corner of the gamemakers room, her eyes flitting up every now and again as she read her book. She watched as Antonio marched angrily over to Juliette’s table, anger flaring in his eyes.

“You tampered with the arena,” Antonio growled menacingly, “I didn’t authorize this task!”

“Relax!” Juliette drawled. “It’s not like I destroyed it! You were pacing around for ages, just going ‘Oh, what shall I do now? I have no inspiration!’” She threw her hands up in the air and crossed her eyes as she imitated her father, openly mocking him in front of the other gamemakers. “I helped. You should be thanking me!”

“Thanking you?” Antonio growled. “You aren’t even a proper gamemaker! What if you destroyed the arena?”

“Antonio,” A gamemaker from the table over spoke up, “She is permitted to create a task for the tributes if she so desires.”

“She didn’t get my approval!” Antonio practically snarled the words, his voice dripping with venom.

“Doesn’t matter.” Juliette said matter-or-factly. “I got the presidents.”

Antonio stiffened, turning around to face his daughter. “You what?”

“I got the president’s approval for this task.” Juliette smirked. She took her feet off the table and leant closer to her father, her eyes glittering maliciously.

“Be careful, father,” she grinned. “The president says that if I do a good job, I might just take over your position next year. And you wouldn’t want that, would you?”

Antonio glared daggers at his daughter, feeling rage consume him. As  much as he wanted to, he couldn't do anything. He'd already messed up enough this year, what with Ruby being humiliated by the blonde bimbo from District 1 in her interview, with Nixie murdering the camerman and with all those other little failures, Antonio couldn't afford to lose his temper and slip up. His standing was already precarious. Juliette smirked and sat back in her chair, obviously knowing that she had won. Antonio scowled and turned to his fellow gamemakers.

“Alright,” he declared bitterly, “begin the next task.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Task: In the middle of the night, a quiet, repetitive melody begins. At first the tributes have to strain to hear it, but after a while the noise slowly builds up over the course of a few minutes. Voices of the people you hold dearest in your hearts begin to join the melody. At first they simply say your name, but soon they begin to sound anguished and terrified. Soon enough, the music is so loud and so high pitched it could drive even the strongest of people insane, and on top of that you can hear the people you love most screaming for help.

Basically, for this task, the melody and voices begin. The music and the voices are designed to drive you completely and utterly insane. It's designed to strip away every little bit of humanity you may have left. The only way to stop yourself from going insane is to find some way to block out the noise.

Kills: For this task, you are to kill two people in your entry, and you also must submit two ballots. Overall, that's 4 kills.

And I would like to say this - No doubling up on kills in ballots. I had a few people doing that last task, but from now on you cannot ballot someone you have already killed in your entry.

Elimination: 4 people will be eliminated this round. 6 people will be going up on the chopping block, and only two will live.

Bonus Points:

First entry (+1)

Most creative way to stop noise (+2)

Best description of music/voices (+3)

Sponsor Perks: If you have not yet used your 13, that is still available. The sponsor perk for this task is:

- 1 kill taken off your overall death toll.

No extra ballots this time.

Due Date: This task is due 27th January, 10pm AEDT.

If you have any questions, let me know :)