Task 3 - Male Entries

Tyberius Mitango:

The voices screamed in my head

They tortured me until I wished I was dead

My alliance scattered in fright

We weren’t sure if we were to make it through the night,

Hanan and Rex lay on the ground,

Their friends and allies don’t dare make a sound,

A midst the screams and cries,

Phae’s voice was on the rise

I only heard the people I dear,

I couldn’t take it, they sounded in fear

{Used 13}

Eden Cole:

 Hum, hum, hum.

What was that?

Hum, hum, hum.

There it was again.

Eden, Eden, Eden.

Was that my name?

Eden, Eden, Eden.

“Does anybody else hear voice?” I questioned the group, but they all shook their heads as the name calling continued to hum in the background.

Eden, Eden, Eden. We are so proud of you.

What was actually going on? Why were there voices in the background? Or maybe they were inside my head and I was delusional. Or maybe it was part of Phae’s mastermind plan. After all, I did believe she was hiding something, that she wasn’t your typical, ‘looney’.

You better win this, Eden. We want to see you home. We are so proud of you, and it would be a shame if you never returned home.

‘Stop it!’ I almost felt like screaming out, but I stopped myself. The group would think I was crazy. Then again I was already the odd one out. I was too un-career like for my own good. While I never really wanted to be here, I was sure my friends did. I was shy, but they loved to talk and enjoyed the spotlight. They liked to kill, I thought how could you even bring yourself to murder another innocent human being?

We are so happy you’ve made it this far Eden.

“Go away,” I muttered quietly to myself, standing from my sitting position, ignoring the questioning glances of my group. I walked away from them, sitting behind a tree, rubbing at my temples as though it was going to make the voices go away.

A cannon boomed, signalling the death of another, then simultaneously, so did another, but I ignored them.

Have you killed anyone yet, Eden? We hope so. If not, wimpy Eden, wimpy Eden.