Task 3 - Female Entries

Phaedra Wolfgang:

The night came quickly in the arena, it swept across the arena like a dark cloak covering a canary’s cage to silence it’s singing. However with the darkness this cage only brought the music instead of silenced it….

We were hunting when it started- as a pack. So no, I didn’t have the pleasure of ripping my victims apart in grotesque manors, though as I pushed the boy with the black messy hair from the blades that stuck out from my knuckles the satisfaction of killing sent a tingling sensation through my body. I watched the corpse flop weakly to the ground, the four stab wounds in his chest blossomed like roses. He was already dead though, my claws had penetrated his heart on the first blow. It was far more efficient than Ula’s takedown of the district 6 male earlier.

I stared at him coldly.

“Great move, Phae!” Tyber said coming up behind me and clapping his hand on my shoulder. Who gave you permission to touch me man-bitch? I thought irritably. I hated it when people interrupt me when I’m observing a corpse. It had been like this at my Grandmother’s funeral as well, my mother tugging me from the open casket telling me that Grandma was dead and there was nothing I could do about it. I’d known that, bitch, I had enjoyed looking at her lifeless corpse. I had found it fascinating how something could be alive one moment and dead the next.

I missed the good old days when I could just be a bitch when somebody upset me- now I had to smile. I was seriously beginning to question the nature of my deception, I could have pretended to be someone of average intelligence.

I giggled at Tyber and brushed a curl of his blonde, messy hair out of his eyes, trying not to recoil at even the light touch. I am probably going to get freaking STD’s from doing that, the man-slut was probably crawling with them, and yes. I know that you can’t get them like that, but if it ever did, it would happen because someone touched Tyber. “Oh Tyber. Don’t be silly. All my moves are great!” I said with mock scorn.

Tyber smiled the smile of a man who thought he was about to get laid, I knew what he was going to say before he said it. “Well you could prove that to me toni-”

I slapped him and burst out laughing, taking advantage of being a stupid blonde yet again. “You don’t have to wait until tonight! See I just did it there! Your face is all red! And it’s getting puffy!” I laughed hysterically, “Una! Eden! Look!”

Tyber was not amused.

Neither was Ula who glowered at me and Eden who shuffled his feet uncomfortably. The other’s stood behind him, only Nixie burst out laughing, but it was a rather sadistic laugh. In her interview she had mentioned having two personalities… I wondered if this was it. The Nixie I’d been talking too had been so docile. “My name is Ula. Not Una.” Ula growled suddenly, correcting me of my mistake that I had intentionally made.

I skipped over to her, “That is such a weird name! I’m calling you Ulalalala from now on. It suits your personality!” I squealed like a nine year old at her first sleepover. “You can thank me later.” I said turning away with a wink.

Ula snorted, “Yeah well lets just get back to tribute hunting. Okay?” She crossed her arms over her chest and glared at us as if we were the worst scum on the face of the earth. I was very tempted to accidently gouge Ulalalala’s eyes out.