Interview - Vern Smedley

I look at myself in the mirror examining my suit as dark as night and my tie as red as blood, I comb my hair so it's not everywhere and fix my tie so it's straight and take a seat to wait til my name is called. Tributes go in one by one until my stylist calls my name and leads me to the curtains "listen you have to do better here than Breane and Jake if you want a sponsor" she says then pushing me through the curtains. I'm blinded by the bright lights and deafened by the screaming, I look out seeing the interviewer Ruby Shimmer. I walk over to the seats next to her, as she puts her hand out I take it and plant a kiss on it making her giggle.

"Vern, Vern, Vern. What a classic young man and handsome  might I ask" she says and I give a big grin, "ok now to the interview" she crosses her legs and straightens up.

"Tell me how are you liking the capitol?" She asks giving me a microphone "well I myself am loving it unlike some of the other tributes the food, the beds, and the people. But I definitely miss 10, the feeling when you drive a spear into a deer or catching a rabbit with my bare hands. It just gives a rush"

"So I hear you were forced to volunteer? Please can you tell us about it?" She asks making me think back "well it started as a normal day in the forest hunting with my friends...we came across an already dead deer my friends told me not to take it but I didn't listen. I brought it back to my family's butcher shop and next thing I know after people tried it they dropped dead. The peacekeepers came through asking for the person who brought it back and my friends ratted me out." I say getting comfortable.

"That's a real shame, so tell me who stands out to you most?" Hmm " I would have to say Valerie Golding" I tell her "why? And is she the biggest threat?" "Well considering her weapon of choice is her teeth that's why, and oh ya definitely she is?"

"Who do you think is the weakest tribute?" "Loui Grove, he is no threat at all" I respond smiling to camera.

"Ok last question, do you think you have a chance of winning?" She asks running a hand threw her hair."Actually yes, I think I have a great chance expecially with my game plan" I say.

"Ok thank you Vern have a good night we hope to see you do well in the arena" she says and I plant another kiss and her hand making her giggle again. I get up and blow a kiss to the crowd making them scream, and walk off through the curtains.