Rumours

Hyun Bin POV

"This is intriguing. I am sure there is more story behind. I'm going to dig in. All I need is your okay, Sir." I persuaded my boss, Jisub to approve my proposal to investigate and write about a suspicious deal that happened in Airfox, one commercial airline company in South Korea, alongside with Korean Air.

There were rumors spread about dirty deals inside the Airfox. The government affairs offices used to use Korean Air as the chosen airline partner. Every business and statehood trip should be with Korean Air. But lately, they no longer used Korean Air, but Airfox. Strangely, there was no clear reason why.
From the aspect of service and punctuality, Korean Air was much better than Airfox.

I'm an investigative journalist who likes to dig and write about scandals of the nation's big company or the government's dirt. I got daily threats and bribes as well but as an idealist one, it didn't affect me. I'm working for Time SK, a branch of Time Inc. I used to be a war journalist but one day I got wounded pretty bad from an explosion and my mother begged me to find alternative field so here I am.

My boss, Jisub, always supports me in taking risky topics but also warns me as well.
"Last time I had to bail you out from Chinese jail. Be careful this time. Airfox also serves long haul international route. You may need to dig further there."

I was caught trespassing in Beijing and spent days in jail before JiSub bailed me out.

"Will do! Thank you. I appreciate this. I'll make this year's cover story!"

"Don't disappoint me, kid."

I'm a 33 years young bachelor and he still calls me kid.

I was planning to fly with Airfox to Budapest tonight. I got information that there would be some high tier, national officers, flying there to seal an exclusive contract with the Airfox top management, at the business class section.

Jisub bought me a business class ticket. Nice! Well, if I want to investigate top management deals, there's no way to do it from the economy class.

I had planned on how to start my investigation, let's see how it will be.

I arrived at Incheon 10 hours earlier after I had lunch, I wanted to scan around the airport to collect information and taking pictures.

I saw a group of cabin crew passing by. I always enjoy this small show where pretty flight attendants in uniform walking in a group wearing their smiles. Forget the male pilots around them thou. In international airports like Incheon, you can see many airline companies from around the world, along with their cabin crews. Take a seat near the terminal crossing hub and just enjoy the show, like a live Fashion TV channel.

I went to the bar, as that was a potential place to hear about a rumor. Small talk with bartenders, cabin crews, and even frequent flyers usually will lead to interesting discoveries.

Yejin POV

"Thank you for flying with Airfox, goodbye!" I cheerfully said goodbye to my passengers at the aircraft's exit door.

One man approached me and gave me a name card, "Call me, sweetie. I'll be at Hyatt. Can't wait to see you without that uniform."

Oh, God. Another pervert.

"You got one?" My junior flight attendant Jihye asked me.
"Three," I pulled out the name cards from my pocket, "you?"
"Two. Minjung got four."
I rolled my eyes. Jihye and Minjung are my friends up here and on the ground. Jihye is a single girl in her 20s, and Minjung is around my age, but already married with ground staff in Incheon.