Surrender

Hyun Bin POV

"Please help me. I can't stay there. They're giving me a prize to another man. Please let me stay with you.."Yejin sobbed on my chest.

"Yejin, I'm afraid I can't—"

"Bin, who is she? What's happened?"

Yejin slowly peeked behind me, and let go of my arms. I read the situation. She must be confused with the woman behind me.

"Wei, meet Yejin. My—I mean the Airfox flight attendant who has been my source from the start." I introduced Yejin.

"Pleasure to meet you, miss Yejin. I'm Tang Wei, Bin's fellow journalist also from Time. And that guy who's dozing off on the couch is Taeyoung, our journalist photographer and also my husband. Just to clear the air here." Wei offered her handshake to Yejin.

A smile built on Yejin's face. She shook Wei's hand.
"I'm Yejin. I'm sorry to interrupt you guys, are you in the middle of work?" She shyly asked.

I closed the door and took Yejin's bag from her shoulder.

"Sort of, but we're almost done here since my husband can't keep his eyes focus anymore. Too sleepy after an entire night shift. He was at the Ritz Carlton pub, disguised as a server." Wei explained to her.

"Oh! So you're working together?"

"We're only doing a small help here to return Bin's help from the past. I just happened to know someone who slept with one of the guys from the aviation office and dug in what was going on there. But this is Bin's work. He's going to take full credit on it."

Wei turned her head on me and smiled.
"Good job, dude. You're going to storm next month's cover story. We'll be in the city for the next three days. Let us know if you need help."

I bowed to her, "Thank you, Wei."

"Now I'm going to drag this whale of mine out of this room so you guys can have your quality time together." She pulled Taeyoung's hand and repeatedly patted his cheek to wake him up.

"Honey, wake up! Bin needs this room for himself!"

"Aiish! But it's still far from midnight. Already want to blow the candles now, Bin?" Taeyoung yawned, unaware there was Yejin inside the room.

"Candles?" Yejin asked me.

"Oh! Miss flight attendant, isn't that you? Sorry, I don't know you'll come much earlier, though you'll come close to midnight. I'm Taeyoung, by the way. I think my wife must have introduced me as her lucky whale. Well, hello, and goodbye!"

He hurriedly followed Wei out, and quickly said to me before stepping out of the room, "Good catch, Bin! Good luck!"

I shook my head in embarrassment. I closed the door and Yejin still stood with a puzzled look in her face.

"So...I told you I have a meeting for my work..well, they are—"

"Candles? Is tomorrow your birthday?"

"Yes. I'm turning 34 later at midnight. I will be very happy if you happen to have just a little time to spend with me tonight." I nervously asked.

She smiled and hugged me again, "Of course! I'll spend the night here as long as you'll have me."

I took her to dinner near the hotel. On our way back, she begged me to stop at a small cakery and bought a small red velvet cake with a candle. She insisted that I have to blow a candle tonight. She looked very happy. I want to treasure this happy moment with her so just like yesterday, I asked her if she allows me to take picture of her.