Crossed Path

Hyun Bin POV

I sat on the economy class and got the aisle side seat. I was so tired at my body still sore. I got nine stitches on my back and a long knife scar on my chest, adding my other old scar from another war zone.

A flight attendant approached me and offered a warm tea for refreshment. I thanked her and she left after I thanked her.

I sipped at my tea. Fuck. Warm tea? That was fucking hot tea. My tongue was burned.
I pressed the assistance button, going to ask for some ice but no one comes. I was thirsty and soon the plane was going to take off, where the cups were going to be collected back.

I stood up and walked to the cabin crew station which divides the economy and business cabin.

"Ma'am, can you give me some ice, please? This tea is too hot for me."
"I am sorry, Sir, the ice isn't ready yet. We're about to take off soon, would you please go back to your seat?"
"Just give me another drink, bottled water or anything else,"
"Alright, but please go back to your seat now, I will—."

I didn't hear what she just said as I got distracted. I saw a flight attendant was serving a passenger in the business cabin, who had a very similar feature with Yejin. My Yejin.

"Sir? are you okay?"

I missed her a lot.

But that must be just some Korean woman who looked like my wife. Or I simply hallucinated. I decided to go back to my seat and a minute later a flight attendant gave me a bottle of water as promised. I didn't even look up to her but I managed to mumble, "Thanks."

I asked Jisub to keep my comeback a secret from another news reporter and my own family. I promised the Korean government that I will present at the press conference as my missing has become national news four months ago.

I just wanted to see her, my wife. But the one I saw was only Jisub. I instantly felt panicked.

"Where is she? Where is she, boss?" I was curious, and that was the first question I asked when Jisub picked me up at the Incheon arrival gate.

"Let me take you home, Bin. I'll tell you there, not here."

"Tell me now, boss! Where is my wife?! Did she..did she leave me?"

"Don't yell to me like that! You're the one who begged to leave, out of the blue, asking for Libya when we all knew you just got her back from jail!"

I was emotionally unstable and him bringing the topic on me begging him to be sent to Libya wasn't helping at all.

"I swear I will kill you—" I grabbed his collar.

"Kill me then, you won't find her, ever! You want your wife back? Get yourself together and we'll talk in your place, not here!"

He was right. I let him go and put my hands on my head in frustration.

"I am sorry...Just....answer me one question, boss. Please. Is she alive?"

"Yes, she's alive."

He brought me back to my penthouse. Yejin wasn't there. When I entered the living room and roamed the main area of my penthouse, this place looked neat. I quickly opened the bedroom and checked the wardrobe and the vanity desk.

Her clothes were already gone along with all of her belongings, including her jewelry but one, our wedding ring. She left it.

My knees instantly became weak. I scrambled searching for any notes or traces of her but none was left.

Hearing noises I made, Jisub stepped inside my bedroom and found me sitting on the floor, devastated.

He bent down and patted my shoulder.