Peonies

Hyun Bin POV

What a reckless girl. I quickly jumped off the bed, grabbed my coat, and off to chase her. I was sure I was only 20 seconds behind her but where the fuck is she?

She only wore a thin fabric that barely covers anything under her coat, almost midnight, in a foreign land. The last thing I wanted to be was she met a pervert, and I couldn't even put the verb in between.

I was never easily got jealous but only hearing her talking over the phone with that pilot has made me boiled in anger. I never had a serious romance ever, every fling I had before was only because I traveled around for work, met someone, hooked up for a day or two, and fin.

I also didn't have a thing to a specific feature of a female. As long as she was pretty and giving the right hints, then I would jump in.

When I saw her four days ago in Incheon airport bar, I thought she would only be the next fling, bed companion at night during my work in Budapest. I just thought she was pretty, sexy, and fun. Like any other flight attendants, I've hooked up before.

But everything has changed the moment I saw her crying on the plane when a pervert passenger sexually harassed her. That wasn't my first time witnessing harassment over a flight attendant, but the victim was never someone I knew. I was twisted in rage.

Unconsciously my protective instinct was developed as my feelings for her have grown from attracted to attached.

I like everything about her, all the way, and as cheesy as it can be. Exactly like what was written by the romantic writers, quoting Julia Quinn,

When I kissed her, I felt as I was losing my mind. When I kissed her twice, I wasn't even sure If I wanted it back.

I knew love between me and my parents, but I didn't know what was called love between adults, but if it ain't love then what was it?

Minutes of running here and there looking out for her, I heard her voice down the alley.

"No, please Sir. I'm not interested. I'm waiting for my husband to pick me up here."

It was dark and there was only a dim of light at the end of the alley, but I knew just only from her silhouette, that she was my Yejin.

She was leaning on a brick wall. Her arms were folded across her chest. Two men were standing in front of her.

I calmly walked to her direction and played along.

"Sweetheart, there you are. Let's go home," I smiled at her.

"Oh hi, babe.." She smiled at me and circled her hands around my arm.

"Gentlemen," I nodded to two guys in front of her.

We walked at a steady pace left the two men behind, back to the hotel, without saying a word to each other.

When we reached the room and got inside, I closed the door behind me.

"Can't you just stop being reckless? You can end up back in the police station or be raped down the dark alley by some random men!"

"Like you care. Don't worry, the hickey is still here, you can pick me up again at the police station."

"You're such a troublesome!"