Epilogue : Envelopes

"What do you want to be in the future?"

"Flight attendant! They are always pretty. They are always on the move."

"Really? How do you know that? Have you ever travel on a plane?"

"I have not. But I love to see her in this picture."

Twelve years old Son Yejin and her caregiver in the orphanage were having a conversation about what does she want to be when she was grown up.

Holding a worn-out magazine, her small fingers were pointing to an advertisement of upcoming open recruitment for the newly formed airline company, Airfox.

The model flight attendant in the advertisement was Kim Byunghun's wife herself.

She had no idea, no one can possibly have the idea that twenty years later, she was married to the flight attendant's son and being part of the owner.

Yejin partnered up with Kim Haerim in the Airfox management and she has helped Airfox rebuilding its image into a world-class service airline. A dream place to work.

On Yejin's last round to Seoul as an Emirates flight attendant, she spotted the latest Time SK magazine's cover which was being read by a passenger. It was written that Man Seok, Airfox's former HR manager has faced the trial and being sentenced with 9 years jail by the public court, alongside with his crews and the Aviation Authorization officers who had received the sex bribes back in Budapest.

For Kim Byunghun's wife Miss Kang, considering her age and health condition, the court took pity on her and the court sentenced her with house arrest.

She was so emotional reading the headline that she had to hid in the lavatory to fixed her ruined makeup, from the rolling tears on from her eyes. Finally, what she did in Budapest has brought a change for her former fellow Airfox's flight attendants.

Arrived in Incheon, she was picked up by her husband and went home to their penthouse. No more being apart caused by working. She has resigned, happily resigned, and embracing her role as a dutiful wife for Hyun Bin.

He has been asking her to take more rest, spoiling, and keeping her happy mood. The doctor said that it was crucial in their effort to have a baby. Both changed their lifestyle to a healthier one, got rid of bad habits and even Bin has quit smoking.

Bin and Yejin were devoted in their attempt to have a baby. Then, one day in September when Bin celebrates his 35th birthday, exactly two days before their first wedding anniversary, Yejin gave him the most precious gift that money can't buy.

Tied with a small pink ribbon was a white envelope sent by the Department of Laboratory, Seoul National University Hospital.

Patient Name: Hyun Yejin
Age: 35

Total B HCG
Result: 78.2
Normal values: less than 10

Remarks: result double-checked.
pregnant

No words can describe how happy the couple was, and soon to be mother Hyun Yejin was showered with endless love by her husband. He loves her, he always loves her, then with her newly discovered pregnancy, he loves her even more.

Bin responded to his wife's little present with a passionate kiss, for a long waited blessings that soon will add more color to his life. Young Hyun Bin knew best how hard life was without a father figure and he has promised himself that he won't make the same mistake that his father made.

Kim's big family was ecstatic with the first grandchild in the family. Even more so, when the couple came to the obstetric/gynecologist to check on the baby with ultrasound, later they discovered that they were expecting two additional family members. Two babies for soon to be father Hyun Bin, and the soon to be grandfather Kim Byunghun was so eager to spoil his grandchildren the way he never had the chance to do with Bin and Haerim before.

Yejin spent her free time with her best friend Jihye as she has quit the job too, and resides in Seoul with her pilot husband Seok Woo. Both also started to co-write a book about their life experience as flight attendants, simply to give the readers a depiction of the challenges that the flight attendants have to face behind their glamourous images.

Bin has run Time SK better than ever before. Time SK gained international popularity and this year, it won the international journalism award for its featuring the article, Libya: When Hospitals Become More Dangerous Than a Minefield. The articles released initially under editorial by Tang Wei, then it was revised by the original writer after he has been found, Hyun Bin.

Touched by the article in the magazine, doctor Jeong Hoon enlisted himself in the UNCHR program and deployed to Tajoura. Later he met his soulmate in the emergency hospital where he was working. Jeong Hoon wasted no time to propose her. The couple planned to hold the wedding in Dubai where Jeong Hoon planned to live with his wife after the deployment was over.

Paying back the honor that had given to him back in Bali where he was chosen to give away Yejin to Bin, Jeong Hoon sent the wedding matrimony invitation to Bin's office in Seoul.

Bin and Jisub's professional relationship has getting better from time to time, and even though Bin's hierarchial position was higher than Jisub, he always sees him as a respected editor with a reputable reputation, as a coach, as a big brother figure.

They were in the middle of a discussion when Miss Ahn the front desk girl knocked Hyun Bin's office and handed a thick sealed brown envelope.

Bin immediately opened the envelope, knowing that it was sent by doctor Jeong Hoon from Dubai, to Mr. and Mrs. Hyun. He was curious, what was inside that doctor Jeong Hoon has to send it by UPS express service.

Inside the envelope was a floral pattern card, written an invitation for him and his wife to wedding matrimony.

Your presence is requested when

Kim Jeong Hoon & Jang Yumi

will be joined in Holy Matrimony on Saturday the sixth October
At two o'clock in the afternoon

St. Mary Catholic Church
247 Oud Metha Road, Dubai.

Bin was shocked for a moment, that caused Jisub became curious too. He took the brown envelope and floral wedding card from Bin's hand and read it. A slight smile was formed on his lips.

"I've told you, Bin. She's alive."

——-THE END——