Berlin Reconciliation

Yejin POV

Hyun Bin has been away to Libya for four days, and only a few texts came from him. I was hoping for more forms of communication like voice or video calls but he said the time wasn't right, the signal wasn't strong, or his battery's about to run out. I didn't want to be a clingy wife, so I hid my worry as it won't give any benefit to him. He won't be a focus and it will slow him finishing whatever he needs to do.

Haerim got me busy for management meetings and it really helped me kill my time here. I gave some opinions based on my experiences in Korean Air and Airfox, to rebuild the image of Airfox's flight attendant, especially. I focused on more modest uniforms like South East Asian airlines but still show the beauty of a woman's silhouette, and the standard gestures to serve the passengers, to show hospitality without too much bending down.

I also discussed with my senior Yoonah, as she was more experienced in more airline companies, without telling her that the management pulled me in for a while because I accidentally got married to their boss's only son. Actually, she found it weird because Airfox had just sued me, then dropped it, followed by pulling me in for management works. But I assure her that I will explain to her more, later when we were on board together tomorrow. This meeting was the last one for the week and the management has given me a flight schedule for next week.

I often use my spare time rechecking my phone over and over, didn't realize that Haerim paid attention to my latest addiction.

"No news from Bin?" She approached me during the coffee break.

"Seldom, it must be difficult to constantly replying to my message in a war zone. Or maybe he's just doesn't get used to it, someone keeps texting him, I know his dating style before me. I'm not used to it too, off-board for a long time, and have someone invading my mind."

"No wonder, he always moves and works on something unpredictable, if it's predictable, it isn't news then. I admire his passion for journalistic, as he can just live a more comfortable life here, but he is an adventurous soul and his curiosity has made him become who he is now. Bin was a serial dater, but from what I discovered later, he is in love, head over heels to you."

"I don't know you're close with Bin. I thought.."

"We're not. I used to see him as a rival since I know that I have a stepbrother. My mother dislikes him in so many ways, but I secretly admire and want to get to know him better. You keep your friends close but the enemy closer. Please don't get me wrong, a war in my family is between my mother and him, I'm just a bystander," she laughed at the end of her words.

I smiled, happy that there was someone in his family that can get along with me. I was terrified when I learned about his family, on how they will treat someone like me. Only one of their low-class employee, who stole the heir's heart. His stepmother was just like what I had anticipated, nor I didn't have any plan to get too close to her, though.

"Please fasten your seat belt, sweetie," I said to a little girl at the aisle side, when the plane was about to take off.

I felt a light tap on my shoulder, "Sit with me, will you?" it was Yoonah.

I followed her and sat on the seat for the cabin crews. I saw Jihye also onboard, but she was avoiding me. I was not sure about my feeling towards her, but I miss her.

"So much has happened to you, Yejin. How are you?"

"I'm good, I miss you, Minjung, and Jihye as well. Shall we have dinner together later? There is a nice dinery I knew in Berlin, we'll make it to have dinner there."

"She avoided us, Jihye. I don't know why, though."

"Maybe she's just a little weary? PMS? I'll ask her." I decided to keep her in the dark to keep Jihye's name.