Chapter nine - Life with you

I sniffed "please don't leave me too yet." I muttered to him, Mr Reed sat back into my mattress beside me. He stroked a piece of my hair and tucked it behind my hair, "don't worry I won't go anywhere."

I smiled, "you smell good" I wriggled closer to him still very drunk, and held onto his waist -  forcing him to lay down. "Are you okay? About what you said at the bar earlier" I nodded as I berried myself into his chest.

"It's just that if I ever walk into them ever again I can't be mad at them, because even though it was recent for me it was six years ago for them. We were all teenagers then, but if I'm mad at them now it looks like I've been obsessing over it. When I haven't even been able to process it yet." I muttered.

"Then tell me about it" mr Reed answered my drunken thoughts, "except for my family I lived for those two, I helped James preform at that club, I was basically his manager. And for Charlotte, I knew her deepest and worse secret, if she betrayed me I would tell someone her secret, so I don't get why she betrayed me." Some tears ran down onto my face as I ranted.

"Maybe that's why she did it, so that she had some leverage over you incase you ever told someone her secret." I shook my head at his sensible words "I told her so many times that night that I would never tell a soul, why doesn't she believe me." I muttered to myself aloud before falling asleep.

I woke up to a slight headache and sensitivity to the sun, I turned around to not be in direct contact with the window, only to see Mr Reeds asleep face right by mine.

At first I was shocked as to why he was in my room until I recalled last night and me making him stay, I couldn't remember our conversation but it was nice of him not to leave straight away, or creepy but I'll pretend that it's not the latter.

Seeing his face up close, I see why that article about him being one of the most handsome millionaires was printed. Back when I said that I wanted to marry him, he wasn't that successful then so I only knew his age. He definitely didn't disappoint my expectations though, I thought as a single cute little curl sprang onto his face.

He normally straightens his hair for a slick back corporate look, but I could get more use to this cuter boyfriend version of him...

My face began to turn bright red, boyfriend ... he's not my boyfriend, I mean he's my husband,  but not really as I don't remember marrying him or the feeling of liking him.

Was this my everyday morning? Waking up to this face, and his arms around me like now?

Then my face somehow turned even more red, wait ... he's seen me naked, we've had sex before. I didn't even do that with James and I didn't want to lose my virginity to someone who I didn't completely love yet.

But I've done all of those things with my husband. Weirdly it feels like he's cheating on me, with me ...

Before I spiralled even more, Ezra began to open his eyes, "morning" he grunted, I stammered to form a word, all I could think about right now was us doing it before.

Mr Reed properly woke up and came to the realisation aswell that I wasn't the old Addy and his face went as red as mine was. "W-we should get up, morning," he rushed off of my bed to put back on his trousers that he took off last night.

"Just so you know, I'm not like this to all woman, it's just that you wanted me to stay last night and I didn't want to be uncomfortable in my trousers." My face cooled down and I composed myself "I know, thank you"

Mr Reed climbed back into my bed, "are you okay now?" I blushed again, I don't think he realised how close he was to a stranger. "Yeah fine, I don't really remember what we talked about last night but I feel a lot better about things today."

He nodded in delight, "do you want some breakfast together, Mrs Johnson made some eggs benedict and I don't have to go to work today." I nodded, happy to have someone around to eat food with other than Mrs Johnson.

We got dressed separately and sat down to eat, "oh yeah, one thing I remember from last night was you breaking up with your girlfriend and getting slapped, I didn't realise that you dated seriously before old me." Mr Reed tried to chew fast before answering.

"When my business was beginning to take off I had a lot of marriage offers, so I decided to take one from a politician. He wanted me to marry his daughter and it would stabilise my company for profits quicker, but I wanted to date before we got married to see if we were compatible. And I didn't think we were but I guess she thought differently." I took his whole story in.

"What happened after that?" I asked in intrigue, "we didn't get married obviously, but we still wanted to have a business partner so I made her into a major stockholder and it worked out." Mr Reed went back to eating his breakfast thinking that it wasn't weird he's still involved in an ex girlfriends life so heavily, but I guess that isn't as weird as our relationship is.

"I have one more question" Mr Reed looked over to me, "did the slap hurt?" I asked chuckling, he joined in too after realising that I was making fun of him.

It was a nice morning, it was the most I had enjoyed my life in these past two and a half months. If he was my husband I would've enjoyed our time more.