Chapter twenty eight - The concert

I waited outside the concert hall with Lyn and Kelton, Ezra was working in the office all day today so we were going to meet him outside.

It still felt weird seeing James' face plastered everywhere, even down to stickers left on the floor.

Ezra ran up to us and we all entered the stadium, I couldn't believe how many people came here just to listen to James preform. We found our reserved seats in the vip area that were on the second floor and sat down waiting for the show to start.

Ezra grabbed my hand and I leaned my head on his shoulder as the show began.

I couldn't comprehend how just a couple months ago only a couple regular's came to a shabby club in a basement to hear James sing and now he's performing to 20,000 people, as his past manager I was happy for him.

After a couple hours the show came to its end and people were leaving, we were meeting James after the show as Lyn wanted to take a couple pictures with him. So we went over to his waiting room.

Ezra grabbed my wrist as I was just about to join Lyn and Kelton in the room, "I missed you today." He told me after he eagerly kissed me, "Ezra" I moaned as his kisses trailed down to my neck.

I managed to pull him off of me for a second "what are you doing this is a public area?" He smiled at me being slightly mad, "you said that you wanted me to act like a teenage boy, this is what they think of."

I was trying so hard to stay mad at him, but he wasn't wearing his normal business casual outfit - instead sporting some jeans and a jumper. I broke my facade and wrapped my arm around neck to lean in for another kiss.

"Addison?" James called out my name from down the hallway, out of instinct I pulled away from Ezra's lips, "James!" I exclaimed.

James looked is up and down, observing our bright red faces of being caught in the act, "is Mr Reed your husband?" He asked me in shook.

I nodded shyly, James stood there completely out of it, "I'm going to go into the room now." I escaped the first chance I had and exhaled as soon as I got out of there.

But neither James or Ezra followed me, after a while I got curious as to what they were doing. Lyn was taking pictures of everything in James' waiting room and Kelton was trying to peel her off of the walls.

I snuck out but found the two boys not to be outside the door, I followed the faint murmurs and hid behind the corner - just in range of there conversation.

"Did you know that we used to date?" Was the first thing I heard, I couldn't see them but I'm guessing that Ezra nodded as James kept talking.

"Addison may look tough, but she's still a kid." I rolled my eyes, I was his manager at one point not his daughter. "You two only dated for a bit, but we're married why are you telling me this? I already know everything about her." Ezra responded.

James slipped past Ezra's remark and carried on with his lecture "Addison is a very loyal person, she would even go to jail for her friends. You should never try to frame her as a scape goat in the future to get out of trouble."

I tried my hardest not to punch James, he's acting like a saint for someone that cheated on me. "What do you mean by that?" Ezra asked in an annoyed tone.

"Do you not know that Addy was arrested?" Again, by context, I'm assuming that Ezra replied to James's question by nodding as he continued to talk. "Someone did something horrible to her friend and Addison couldn't help her at that time, Addison tried her best to help out her friend, but when she found her friend she had already committed a crime. She won't ever tell anyone what happened that night."

I wanted to go up to ask James how he knew but Ezra asked for me "if that's a secret Addison would take to the grave how do you know?"

"Addison called me to pick her up from jail and I heard about what the cops thought happened while walking into the precinct. Anyway that's not important, what I'm trying to say is that Addy is incredibly loyal and if you ever try and use that against her I'll break your neck." I rolled my eyes, James ruined his sweet memento by being weird.

"Thanks for this, but I can take care of my wife, you can stay out of our business." Ezra ended the conversation and I knew that was my cue to run back to the waiting room.

"Addison." Ezra called for me as he opened up the door, I looked over to him hoping that he didn't see me slip back into here "come on let's go back home." I nodded and followed him and he grabbed my hand.

The car ride home was eerily silent but as soon as we walked into our home Ezra gently pushed me up against the wall and slammed his lips into mine before I could react.

"Ezra..." I mumbled between catching my breath. "Why are you being so aggressive." I asked, "why didn't you tell me about the story behind you witnessing a murder?"

I looked down in shame, "are you mad at me?" I asked, he lifted up my chin with his hand and smiled at me "of course not, you sacrificed your future for you friend, I'm really happy that you're a great person, but you can't do that again, even for me."

I smiled back at him as he began to run his hand down from my cheek to my chest, firmly grabbing my breast and placing his mouth back onto my neck.

"Ezra..." I moaned, "you said you take this slow." He looked back up to me, "I'm sorry, give me a pass for tonight." Before I could react he carried me bridal style into his room and placed me onto the bed.

He stroked the hair off of my face and slowly kissed me this time, his hands taking off his belt and slid off his top. I laid there trying to stop this, but I couldn't fight off my feelings anymore and decided to go with it ...