9.

Nobody even attempted the last trivia, so no shoutout. :(

You all get blue cookies for being good readers though! :)

Trigger Warning: Character death and descriptions of death

Hi, can't talk, here's the chappie:

Chapter 8 - What's Done on the Island, Stays on the Island

Calypso shivered when she got out of the airport in the Upper East Side of New York City. She pulled her coat closer to her body, zipping the zipper up to her chin.

Winter in New York was extremely chilly, much colder than Calypso was used to, having lived in the Bahamas for all her life up till that point.

She shivered once again, but not from the cold. The mention of her old home in the Bahamas brought back unwanted memories to Calypso. She never wanted to go back there ever again. The last thing Calypso needed was to make a bad impression on the people at her new high school by having random meltdowns in the middle of math class.

Dragging along her small suitcase with her few belongings, Calypso made her way through the throng of people at the airport's entrance. Making her way to the help center a couple of streets down.

Her feet crunched in the snow as hauled herself and her baggage down the busy streets of the city. It was so much more... crowded here. Everywhere Calypso turned, there seemed to be hundreds of people around. The honking cabs and blinding lights of screens set up all around didn't help to ease her sensitive ears.

Calypso stopped in front of the airport help center's door and took in a deep breath, accidentally inhaling some flakes of snow. It was a pristine, little building, with a poster of "Hamilton" the musical plastered on the window.

Calypso smiled, she had always loved Broadway musicals, especially ones like Hamilton. They were crafted with such care, had good meanings, and were fun to just get down and dance to. She could still remember her excited 8th-grade self, jumping up and down, ready for high school. Their middle school didn't have a Performing Arts Theatre, so she was ready to try out for the first musical that was announced in high school.

That never happened. Not after that "episode".

Before she got pulled into the memories of her early past, she heard a voice next to her, and almost jumped out of her skin with surprise.

"Excuse me?" said the voice.

Calypso turned to look at the owner of the voice. It was a woman, maybe in her thirties. She was very beautiful, with light brown, blemish-free skin, chocolate brown eyes, and silky black hair done in a braid. The woman, Calypso noticed, also looked rather eccentric. She had on purple glasses, a tye-dye shirt, and brown knee-length shorts (which Calypso found crazy because of how cold it was, but that could just be her).

When the woman realized that she caught Calypso's attention, she smiled warmly.

"I was just asking if you wanted to come inside, honey," she said, "You seemed pretty cold out here. Poor thing, you're shivering!"

Calypso looked at her body and recognized that yes, she was, in fact, shivering, and the woman ushered her inside. She instantly felt a rush of heat when she entered, and her nose hit the nice aroma of hot cocoa. Her stomach grumbled.

"Oh, are you hungry? You must be, after that long flight!"

Calypso looked up, alarmed. How did this woman know she came on a flight?

The lady seemed to see Calypso's shocked expression and amended herself, "I'm sorry for that, I just noticed your tan, which barely anyone who lives in NYC gets, so you must be from somewhere hot. Also, you have a suitcase honey, which means you either took the train, boat, or plane. But you look jet-lagged as well, so you must've taken the plane."