The Challenge

Guess. What. Just. Happened.

No? Okay, I'll tell you. 

My sister and I were sitting outside on the swing that is in our backyard and we were just vibing and talking and whatnot, and all of a sudden she's like "Yo, how's Scars going?"

And I said, "Great, I only have 15 chapters left to write!"

She just raises an eyebrow and says, "15 is a lot..."

Me being a stupid dumbass I just retort, "I can write 15 chapters in 15 days."

And like all little siblings, her face just contorts into this sister grin and I know I'm in for a "surprise". Then, she challenges me to write the entire rest of the book IN 13 DAYS. She set the finish line for December 20, a day before our Winter break starts.

I was literally gonna say no, and then because she knows me so well, she says, "I bet you can't do it."

So I just idiotically say, "Deal." Without even thinking about it because my excessive pride doesn't allow me to refuse. (Senfjewbkfwkenfs and my teachers say: imagine having Hubris ;-;)

Now I have this huge burden of proving myself to not be a wimp and taking the challenge. We set up some constraints such as I can't let writing get in the way of school and blah blah blah.

Here's the good part though: The prize.

If I am able to complete this challenge of writing 15 chapters before Winter break, then my sister will give me $5, which doesn't seem like a lot but I'm literally broke so...

But if I lose, then all I have to give her is 15 games of Among Us on my phone. (Keep in mind, my sister is 9, so she doesn't have a phone for herself). That is the only good part of this deal, because losing would only mean losing my dignity, nothing materialistic.

My mom hated the deal at first, but she has a competitive spirit too, and I'm pretty sure she wants to see me lose. 

Anyway, this is pretty good for you, because when I write fast, it's not that bad and I pretty much already planned everything already. This can be like a "chapter-a-day" December countdown thingy, because there will be a lot of updates :)

So sit back, relax, grab some popcorn, and watch me utterly fail at this task given to me by a 9-year-old.

-Blossom ;)