17.

Hi. I can't believe I actually stuck to my schedule. I was so sure that I was going to have Thursday come and not have anything to update. 

"Deadlines aren't real to me until I'm staring one in the face."

Guess which book that's from lovelies. Until then, here is the next chapter:

Chapter 16 - Sally Jackson 

Sally Jackson was a very special person. She was a very kind person. She always looked at the bright side of people, instead of the dark side. Sally would have been a very good author, but she had to leave school to take care of her sick uncle after her parents died. Even after her uncle died, she was still optimistic. But the most special thing about her was her tattoos. Most people are born only with tattoos for one soulmate somewhere on their body.

Sally was born with tattoos for two people.

The first set was on her left ankle. It was a fisherman's hook and the symbol for Atlantis Corporations. Sally always assumed that the symbol for Atlantis Corp meant that her soulmate worked in the company, not that they owned it.

One summer, Sally met a handsome man at the beach. They fell in love instantly. He loved Sally's fierce determination, Sally loved his passion for the sea. It wasn't long before they found out they were soulmates.

Sally's tattoos disappeared, only to reveal the name Poseidon Atlantis. A few months later, she found out she was pregnant. To her dismay, Poseidon already had a wife, and one day, he left. Leaving her all alone with no diploma, no money, and an unborn baby. Her tattoo turned black, signifying betrayal.

When her son was born, she named him Perseus. The Greek hero Perseus was the only hero who got a happy ending. Sally knew her son would go through hardships in life, and promised to protect and love him with her heart and soul.

Money was a big issue.

Sally had to work night shifts when Percy was just a toddler and would send him with some of her close friends to be watched over while she tried to keep them afloat financially.

At night she would stare at her right ankle and the second set of tattoos that lay on it. A poker chip and a beer. It concerned her about the moral stability of her "second soulmate".

One day, years later, during her work shift at Sweet On America, a walrus sized guy walked in, holding a beer can in one hand. Sally, being the lovely person she is, wasn't fazed by this man's looks, and treated him kindly. They became fast friends and a few weeks later, she introduced him to her son.

Percy liked the man, he seemed nice. But there was something off about him. Percy's suspicions only got worse when Sally came home excitedly one night, showing the name that replaced her second set: Gabe Ugliano.

Sally wasn't exactly in love with him, but he had money. Money which she and Percy were in desperate need of.

After they got married, Gabe's whole demeanor changed, as if he switched a personality lever the moment he got comfortable. Percy would try and warm up to him, but Gabe would just snap at him to shut up. There was no violence. Yet.

The dreaded day came when Gabe was playing poker with his buddies while Sally was at work. Percy was really hungry, but Gabe always told him to never interrupt his games. They had a box of pizza in the kitchen, Percy tiptoed to it and tried to grab a slice.

Out of nowhere, Gabe came in, yelling at the top of his lungs and kicked Percy right in the stomach. Percy gasped and fell on the floor, his eyes brimming with tears.