16.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Hello my favorite(only) readers! I haven't updated in a lonnnnnnnnnng time, but here it is! The disappointment you've all been waiting for!

Chapter 15 - Bring on the Thunder

Percy whistled to break the really, really awkward silence during the elevator ride.

After Thalia dropped them off, she sped off to look for Reyna. Something about an internship or whatever. And Nico and Hazel had a whole bucketload of homework to do and got off a few floors below them. Now it was just Percy, Jason, Annabeth and Piper in the elevator, listening to horrible elevator music and not talking.

The silence was unbearable. Finally, the door opened on their floor and they all filed out and into the halls. Percy led the way down the hallway to their apartment and paused in front of it. He turned to the rest of them and started to speak.

"Okay, Piper and Annabeth," Percy said, "When I open this door, you are going to meet my mom."

"Yes?", Piper asked, "So what?"

"There are a couple of rules, for example: If you disrespect my mom, I will not hesitate to kick you out of the apartment and down the stairs. And please don't mention my dad. Like, at all."

Annabeth and Piper nodded and they smiled a bit. He was protective of his mom and cared about her, it was cute.

Percy smiled slightly and turned to unlock the door. The apartment was so quiet and empty that it looked new. Well, it was new, sort of.

"MOM, I'M HOME!", Percy yelled, throwing his backpack on the couch and turning to Piper and Annabeth.

"You can put your backpacks on the couch. And Jason", Percy turned to Jason and shrugged, "Do whatever."

Jason looked like a kid in a candy store, which was unusual for the girls to see. After a few seconds, a woman with brown hair and a warm smile walked out of a bedroom wearing glasses. She took notice of the teenagers in her apartment, and grinned, taking her glasses off and placing them on a table nearby.

"Oh Percy, you didn't tell me that you were going to have friends over! It's nice to meet all of you," Sally said.

Then she made a whispering gesture and said in a conspiratorial tone, "Percy never made any friends in his old school, so I'm glad he made so many."

Percy blushed crimson, "Mom!"

Sally laughed and gave each of them a hug. Piper and Annabeth were a bit surprised but they accepted the hug anyway. They wouldn't admit it, but actual motherly affection felt nice. When she got to Jason, Sally paused.

"Wait..." she stopped, "Jason?"

"Hi Aunt Sally", Jason smiled, and they embraced happily.

After the heartwarming family reunion, Sally went into the kitchen to bake some cookies for the kids. The four of them went into the living room and started working on their projects. It was mostly about habits and hobbies, nothing about family life or soulmates.

They had pure work time for what felt like hours to Percy but was barely one hour. Finally, they got a break from work.

"Kids, cookies are done," Sally called from the kitchen.

Percy was gone in a flash, and Jason followed right after. Piper rolled her eyes and got up, but then stopped and turned back. Annabeth was still scribbling away on a piece of paper.

"Annabeth? Are you coming?", Piper asked, and Annabeth looked up.

"Yeah, give me a second, I just need to finish my sentence."