Go Pt. 2 (Steve X Male Reader) 1 Year Anniversary*

This was inspired by a comment SympathyandEmpathy left on pt. 1 'I know where the heartbreak begins, it's when I realized I'm not the person in your eyes' so thank you so much for the inspiration.

"I love you Y/n" he said and I sighed I promised myself I wouldn't cry.

"I love you too Steve" I said and kissed him again he let go of my face and gave a tight hug which I returned. I didn't want to let go but I had to. He walked over to the platform picking up the case and the hammer. As he tapped his suit a new formed around him. He turned and looked at me he eyes held so many emotions thankfulness, sorrow, happiness and guilt. I mouthed a bye Steve and he gave me a sad smile before the helmet formed around his head. Bruce did the count down and then he disappeared.

1 week later

I looked out at garden. I sighed as I looked at the flowers Steve planted because he said when they bloomed they reminded him of my eyes. I sighed but smiled as Spangles came to me and licked my hand so I scratched behind his ears. He whined and I softly said 'I know but I don't think he's gonna come back'. Quietly someone sat beside me.

"He had something's he wanted you to have I'll get them together for you" I said softly to Bucky.

"Okay thank you" he replied.

A silence fell over us.

"Y/n how are you" he asked cautiously.

I turned to look at him sighed.

"I'm I- I don't know I'm hurt I know he loves her but I thought he loved me too what was the point of all we built all these years if he walked away so fast I just don't understand I know I told him it was okay but I was kinda he would just you know" I explained.

"You thought he'd pick you" he elaborate. I nodded as a tear ran down my cheek.

"We made a life here we even talked about adoption we were happy......... or at least I thought we were maybe I was just a distraction until better came along" I concluded with a shrug.

"No don't talk about yourself like that you deserve to be happy" he said as wrapped an arm around my shoulder and we watch the sun set.