Chapter 30

I woke up I'm my crib and I sighed. I hopped out my crib and I checked my phone. I see a note on the dresser and it reminds me that I need to start getting plans for the wedding. That I completely forgot about. It's in about a couple months and nothing is set up. I walk out the room and into the bathroom where I take a shower. Once I'm out I text Daddy and I go and get dressed. I decided on a plain white tshirt and some jeans. I grabbed my phone and I realized I needed to call my friends because I'm going to make them my grooms maids or whatever its called. I know what this means they are going to be livid. I havent called  them for at least 3 months. We made a deal to call at least every 2 weeks. I sighed knowing my fate and I texted the groupchat with me Katie, Greyson, Amani, and Jessica. Angry messages fill the groupchat and I regret even texting them. We agreed to meet at the mall and I hurried to my car. I pull our of the driveway and I hurry to the mall. When I arrive I see my group standing in the parking lot looking around. I pull into a parking space next to them and I slowly get out.

" hey... how yall doin." I say nervously ( like that sound from tiktok) they give me a death glare and I sigh

" 3 months Caleb. No answered calls or messages." Katie says and I shift my gaze to the ground. When I look back up everyone is giving me a upset look.

" Guys plea-" I started when Grayson interrupted

" So you know what that means?" Grayson asks and I roll my eyes. In high school it was a rough time for everyone the friend group lost a lot of people and we were left with us 5. We came up with a 2 week system. We need to send a message at least every two weeks so we know everyone is okay. If you dont text that's 1 punch every 2 weeks you havent sent a message. 6 punches by 4 very angry people. I try and plead with Amani the caring friend but she ignored me.

" Fine but dont go overboard please." I say. We only had a couple rules. No punches to the face, boobs, or other genitals. Grayson started with a soft punch in my arm. While Katie hasnt really calmed down, she suckerpunched me in the stomach.

" oh fuck katie." I groaned in pain. Amani was next and she hit almost has hard as Katie right into my arm. I groaned again but no one batted an eye. 3 down 3 more to go I remained my self as Jessica also punched me in the stomach. The last 2 went by quick and by the end of my torture everyone seemed pretty cheery.

" You are all assholes." I complain and everyone laughs.

" Dom wouldn't approve of that now would he?" Katie asked and I glared at her. We walked into the mall and straight to a table at the food court. I sat down and I prepared to tell my best friends that I'm getting married and I need their help.

" So I got you all here to tell you guys, I'm getting married and I need you guys for grooms maids." I say and everyone is shocked.

" Also I need help shopping." I say and finally someone says something.

" Caleb why wouldnt you tell us?" Amani asked and I shrugged.

" I kinda forgot about the wedding." I say and they chuckle.

" Leave it to Caleb to forget the most important day of his life." Grayson says and I roll my eyes.

"So do I have your help?" I ask and they all nod. We sit at the table and brainstorm until Jessica has a question

" What are you wearing under your tux?" Jessica asked and got confused.

" um boxers?" I say and she shakes her head.

" No Caleb now come on." Jessica says and the group leaves the table. We head to Badd Kitty.

" Jessica I'm not going in there that's embarrassing." I say before they push me into the store. They look around and the girls finally decide on 2 sets.