1.

"Okay, so out of everyone down there, who would you say is the cutest?" I ask Yachi. We've been friends for a few years now. Ever since I moved to the same building as her, anyway. She's always been so introverted and is more academic over athletic, so when she told me that she was going to be the new manager of the boys volleyball team it shocked me.

It was hard to say if I was glad that she did. I mean, it's a ton a sweaty cute boys getting emotionally connected to keeping a ball up in the air. And sweaty equals smelly. But they're cute.

She blushes, "W-what?!"

"You're such a wuss," I tell her, "but I guess I was quite vague. So I guess I'll go first: Hinata is cute as in like an innocent baby brother, but that Aoba Johsai setter is like fit cute, if we're like cute cute, Yamaguchi or Sugowara are both gorgeous. But if we're talking about sexy cute, I'd say Kiyoko wins that one."

She sighs, "I really don't know what goes through your mind most of the time. Wait, do you mean Oikawa? He's on the other team though."

"Yeah, but I'm imagining him with glasses and I'm literally already falling in love with him." I continue.

"You literally say you're in love with everything, though."

"That's not the point!" I defend, turning to Tanaka (his sister) "Hey, Tanaka, what do you think?"

"I told you to call me Saeko, kid. And honestly, I have no idea what you said, so yeah I agree."

"See!" I shout to Yachi, making her sigh in defeat.

"I don't even know why you come to these matches, you don't know a single thing about Volleyball and don't even bother to learn a anything."

That's not actually true, I know quite a lot about sports. But I don't really play anymore.

I pointed to the boy with imaginary glasses, Oikawa I think his name is, "But I love him!"

"He's on the opposite team!"

"Oh my God," Saeko breathes

"What?" I ask, totally baffled.

"Did we just win?" one of the old neighbourhood guys question.

"I... Think we did." the other one says.

I stare at the court, frozen there and unable to avert my gaze to the match that I just procrastinated my way through. However, I managed to move my arm to tap Yachi, "We just won?" I ask once more.

She smiles widely, "We just won."

My expression matches hers, and I cup my hands around my mouth to amplify my voice after taking a deep breathe, "KARASUNO RULESSSSS!"

"WOOOOOOO!" Yachi screams, followed by the rest of the Karasuno supporters.

"Come on," Saeko says, "let's go congratulate them."

~

As Yachi and I happily run up to them screaming different praises, I tripped over something.

"Ouch, Y/n, are you okay?"

I tumble on the floor and hit Tsukishima's feet, quickly scurrying away because he's scary as shit. "Sorry, Nishinoya, I didn't see you." You're just too short I think while snorting to myself.

"Hey, are you alright?" a voice asks, lowering their hand to help me up.

"Yeah, thanks," I reply, standing up. Expecting to see their face, I was shocked when I only saw their chest while looking dead ahead. This boy is creeping on 6 foot. "You're Kageyama, right? Hinata's other half?"

"Gross, you make it sound like we're dating," he sighs angrily. How does someone sigh angrily?

"Wait... You're not?"

Within a blink, all that laid-back energy switched into disgust, "Ew, no, that's disgusting!"

"You think so?" I ask, keeping my cool (unlike him), "I think it's a nice dynamic. You're, what, 6ft? And he's barely 5ft. It's cute."

He begins to rub his eyes like I've sprayed him with pepper spray, clearly trying to get the picture of them two together out of his head. "EW, EW, EW! NO, NO, NO!"

I giggle, "Nah, you're right. Hinata is way out of your league."

He gasps with distraught, "That is so not true! If anything, I'm out of his!"

I laugh even more, "Whatever helps you sleep at night."

He growls and continues to shout while I just laugh and lay down a few smart comments to make him madder.

After a while, without even noticing it, everyone else had left and it is just us two. All that laughing took the air out of me and I place my hand on his shoulder for a moment, trying to catch my breathe. This is when that other setter walks up to us from Aoba Johsai. He looks so depressed and defeated, I kinda feel bad for him. Kageyama is not, however, and is making it very visible from the way he's acting.

From the looks of it, Oikawa was about to say something really dramatic, but after noticing I'm here, he turns really charming.

"Is this you're girlfriend? Wow, I never thought anyone like you could ever get a girl, nevermind one this cute! What's your name, gorgeous?"

I stare at the two of them, there is clearly bad blood between them, and the awkward tension makes me want to skidaddle. "Uh, y/n,"

"W-what? I met her ten minutes ago!" he shouts in defense, denying his claims.

"That's moving a bit fast don't you think, y/n~Chan?" he teases. There's something about this guy that makes me want to punch him in teeth but then shove my tongue down his throat at the same time.

"She's not my girlfriend!" Kageyama shouts in defense once more.

"I wasn't talking to you," he tells Kageyama with a sense of coldness, through it fades away when his attention turns back to me.

"Stop," I order, "stay still," he does as he's told, and I take out the glasses from my bag and place them on him. Prefect I say to myself, unsure of whether I said it in my head or I actually spoke aloud.

"Um, I don't understand." Oikawa admits.

Shit, I just screwed myself over. Ugh, there's no point turning back now.

"YACHI, COME OVER HERE!" I scream, totally unaware of where she actually is.

Luckily, she heard my call and comes dashing up, "What's wrong?"

"Why are your glasses on-"

Kageyama is silent and dumbfounded, with a similar look on his competitors face, though he stays in the conversation.

"Did I or did I not tell you that he'd be hella cute with glasses?"

The third year tries to speak, but I put my hand up to stop him, "Do not say a word," I demand, "I can almost guarantee I'll fall in love if you do."

Someone else from Aoba Johsai comes barging into the conversation, "Hey, crappykawa! Leave the poor kids alone and let's go!"

"Awe, but Iwa~Chan we're just having a conversation, you don't have to be so mean!" he sings.

I stand still, he hit me by the time Oikawa said 'Iwa~Chan'. By 'he' I mean cupid. At this point, Kageyama grunts and drags me away irritatingly while I hopelessly follow along.

Yachi apologises to them and we all head to the bus.

But, of course, Oikawa irks Kageyama one last time before we totally drifted out of eye/ear distance.

"Looks like I took your girlfriend, sorry!"

.....................

Idk why I've been putting off uploading this but I've done it, and you better be grateful because I put my blood sweat and tears into this book.