6.

"H-huh?" he stutters.

"I didn't actually care about owing you anything," I sigh, "I just needed you prove to my brother that I could get a boyfriend in a week because he's stupid and if I don't he's taking all my pop figures. Just a dumb bet we had because I ate his chips and he said how undesirable I am."

"Oh, why me then, surely you could've picked someone else."

Oof.

I take deep breath through my teeth, "Well, I actually don't talk to many people, especially guys. I mean, if I begged Sugawara he might've done it, but it would be extremely awkward, and he's also like 3 years older than me and I don't think my bro would be very happy about that." I laugh a little, "And you're tall, so I can shove it in his face--oh that reminds me, don't bring up his height, only I can do that," I slapped myself like an imbecile, "Who am I kidding, he broke my pinkie finger once for calling him a mouse."

"I can wait outside if that's easier-"

"Don't be such a pussy, you have to come in otherwise he cant see you. Also I'll just think that you'll run off and I really want to see that movie. #trustissues." I tell him, making a hash tag shape with my fingers.

"Um, okay," he says awkwardly.

I sigh again, "You're nothing like what Hinata said you were like," the second I burst through the door, my stupid brother side-tackles me but then helps me up because... Bipolar?

"WHERE WERE YOU?!" he cries, "I CALLED YOU LIKE 23 TIMES, I THOUGHT YOU DIED!"

I looked at my phone and chucked, "Oh yeah,"

He looked at the tall blue-eyed setter waiting at the door, "Who's that?"

I smirk, "That's my boyfriend, wheres my 50 quid?"

"You little bastard," he says, fishing through his wallet and slapping a £50 onto my hand, "why's he so tall? What's that, like 7 foot?"

"I'm 5'11," Kageyama replies sweetly,

"No one asked you, fuck nuggets--oww!"

I kick him and mouth a 'sorry' to my fake boyfriend.

"Come on, I bet you don't even have her number."

"Fuck you, man, you only gave me a week for this!" I complain, stealing Kageyama's phone and putting my number in it and slapping his phone back onto his chest, "Happy?"

"No, I'm not!" Ed shouts back.

I walk over to the kitchen pour myself a glass of water and offering one to the two boys.

He gasps dramatically, "How--wait, are you okay?"

His playful tone turned scarce when I started choking on my water like a dumbass.

"I'm fine," I force out, "just can't drink properly."

"You're such a spastic," he tells me before turning to the timid giant, "how many times has she ran out of breath like this today?"

"Huh?" Kageyama asks confusingly.

"How many times has she been like this," he spells out, "whether she fucked up a swallow or wheezed from laughter. How many times?"

"Uh, tw--"

"This is the first time, you moron."

"Are you sure about that," he asks suspiciously, "because I'm pretty sure your boyfriend said that this is the second time."

That's it, you fucking mut, you've really screwed me over.

"Ugh, shut the fuck up, Ed. It's none of your business," I spit and wave the money he gave me in his face, "now if you don't mind, I'm going to the cinema."

"Oh no you're not," he tells me, trapping me on the other side of the island (the middle counter bit in a kitchen, idk if tats a well-known term.)

"Oh yes I am," I say, "and I'm going to watch daddy's home."

He gasps, "I thought we were going to watch that together!"

I take this moment as an opportunity to sprint to the door and push Kageyama out with me, "Nope."

~

"What was that all about?" Kageyama asks strangely.

My eyes roll and I unamusingly reply, "He's just over protective since he has to play the roll of parent or what not, just some disease my mom had but its fine."

"O-oh," he mutters quietly, "I didn't know--"

"It doesn't matter," I tell him, "You're a lot more shy than I expected you to be,"

"What do you mean?"

"Hinata said you're really scary--"

"That is so not true!" he shouts, "I am not the least bit scary. I swear to God I'm going to kill that ginger--huh?"

He's caught of by me laughing again. "No, nothing," I tell him, "now I actually have a decent amount of money, you better prepare yourself for the full-out cinema experience. Premium seats, premium sizes. Instead of little kiddie bags I'll buy us both medium drinks and medium popcorn, but actually it's cheaper if we get two medium drinks and a single large popcorn to share, that's alright, right?" I say, without waiting for his reply, "Right. I'm thinking of getting a f/d, what about you?"

"Uh, yeah, same. I'll only share if we can get salted popcorn though."

"Salty popcorn for a salty guy, it suits you," I tell him, "salted popcorn it is."

"I'm not salty!" he defends as we walk into the cinema.

"You so are," I answer, "I saw you giving my brother a quick glare, and not to mention your attitude to that Aoba Johsai guy."

"Oh, Oikawa," he grunts. I totally forgot his name again. "didn't you say that you love him?"

"Yeah, but I say I love everything," I inform him, "because I actually let people know how I feel about them, unlike you Mr. I'm-too-scared-to-show-my-emotions."

He goes to reply, but we're already at the front of the line.

"Two premium tickets please," I state, "two medium f/d's and a large popcorn please."

"Getting a combo would be cheaper, miss," the cashier suggests, "maybe two medium popcorn would be better?"

I think for a moment, she is right. But getting two drinks and one popcorn combo costs a lot more than getting one extra large combo. I guess math just isn't my strong suit. So I go with that instead, asking for an extra straw instead. I don't bother to ask Kageyama because it's clear I'm the one with the pants right now.

I reach into my pocket to get my newly obtained money, but before I even got the chance of look up Kageyama's already paying.

"Hey, that's no fair, I'm supposed to pay!" I whine.

"Then you'll just have to be faster next time," he smirks, ridiculing my slow reaction time.

"Sorry I'm not a volleyball player like you, damn," I hiss as we walk off with our purchases. I kick him in the leg weakly but lose my balance slightly.

"Be careful, dumbass," he warns, looking straight ahead, "you're going to drop the popcorn!"

"Sorry, your majesty." I mock, just to get taken aback from him turning around slightly and giving me a terrifying glare.

The face is so extremely horrifying that I freeze, take a step back and trip on nothing... spilling like a sixth of the popcorn.

This is not a moment worth crying for, but I do anyway.

The popcorn :(