18.

So... What does this mean? Not a clue.

Suddenly, Yachi runs up to me with a now fully-charged phone, "Good luck."

'Good luck'? What does she mean by this?

I squint to her, complexed, then look at my phone.

Oh, that's what she meant.

72 missed calls, 57 voice mails, and 106 unread messages. All from one person.

I call them, and they instantly pick up,  "Hey, b-bro."

"DON'T YOU 'hey, bro' ME YOU LITTLE SHIT! WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?"

"I-I'm at sc-chool,"

"FUCKING GOOD, I SWEAR TO GOD I'M TAKING E V E R Y T H I N G YOU OWN! I'LL PICK YOU UP AT THE END OF THE DAY. IF YOU'RE NOT THERE, I'M SELLING ALL YOUR FIGURES AND CHANGING YOUR BEDROOM INTO A PERSONAL GYM."

He hangs up.

I stare at my phone for a moment. "Shit."

~

I open Ed's car door and step inside, banging my head on the roof of the vehicle like the fucking loser I am. "Since when did we own a car?"

"Are you being serious?" my brother asks me, clearly fuming and getting madder by the second.

I look at him and nod my head.

"It belongs to the lady I look after; she doesn't use it and said I can have it to get to and from. What are you wearing?"

"Their spare uniform since mine was all muddy after getting the fuck away from you, as you can tell, she also decided to make me look like I'm at wedding."

"Who did you stay with?"

Oh shit. I should've expected this question. I can't say Yachi, since that's way too obvious and he knows I didn't.

"I stayed with Kiyoko," I lie, this should be believable enough, right?

She's the only other girl I know, so it's my best bet.

"Who is she?" he continues to ask, but now satisfied enough to start the car and begin driving home.

"A third year at my school, she's the volleyball clubs manager."

"I thought Yachi is the manager,"

"She will be next year,"

"Okay," he says and briefly glances at me before looking back at the road, "but I know you're lying. Who did you actually stay with?"

Oh balls. I literally don't know a single girl apart from them two.

How does he know I'm lying?

I gulp, "I can't reveal that kind of information,"

"I swear on your fucking life, y/n, if you don't tell me I'll kill you."

I take a deep breath and let it out with a huff. "You won't like the answer,"

"You really don't want to tell me, huh? Okay, we both know the truth, so I'll play along. If you promise to let me take you to the doctors I won't make you tell me, and I won't turn your room into a gym."

I think for a moment. Is this the best I can drag out of him? No. I can go for more, "Okay, I'll go with you, under one more condition,"

"What is it?"

"You let me hang out with Kags~eyama." I answer, merging his nickname and actual name.

How the fuck am I getting away with this???