Taking Flight

I woke up with a slight headache, probably because I fell on my ass ice skating.

I saw that I was laying in my bed. I turned my head to look out the window and saw that it was dark outside.

'How did I get here?'. I thought.

Then it all came back to me, me falling at the ice rink, the car ride here where I was barely conscious, and someone carrying me up to my apartment.

My phone started ringing so I picked it up and answered it.

"Hello," I said.

"Hey, Eren, glad you're awake, how's your head?" Hanji replied.

"I'm fine, Hanji, my head hurts a little bit, but I'm fine,"

"That's good. Sorry that I couldn't stay with you, I had some things to do, but Levi is there with you, ok?"

"Wait, Levi is still here?" I said sitting up.

"Yep, he didn't want to leave until you woke up and made sure you were ok,"

"He did? Wow, I didn't know he cared so much about me,"

"I think he cares about a lot of things more than he lets on, he's just really good at hiding his feelings,"

"Yeah, I can tell,"

"Well, ok, Eren, I've gotta go but I'll see you later, bye,"

"Bye, Hanji,"

Hanji hung up the phone and I put it back on the nightstand.

I got up and headed to the living room.

When I got there, I saw Levi sleeping on the couch.

I grabbed a blanket off of the chair and carefully layed it on him, making sure not to wake him. He stirred a bit but didn't move any more than that.

Looking at Levi while he slept was almost calming. He looked so peaceful, the complete opposite of when he's awake.

I quietly walked back to my room, changed into my pj's, and went back to bed.

The Next Day...

The smell of food cooking brought me out of my sleep.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes to try and wake myself up more.

The sound of something falling made me get up and rush to the kitchen where Levi was cooking.

I looked to see what had fallen and it was just a plastic cup that Levi had dropped.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" Levi asked me.

"No, not really, the sound just startled me a little,"

"Ok, well, breakfast will be ready in a minute so why don't you go wait on the couch and I'll bring it to you,"

I nodded and did what Levi told me. I turned on the tv and switched to Netflix and played a random movie.

Levi sat down a minute later and handed me a plate.

We just ate in silence as we watched tv.

When I was done with my food, Levi just took my plate and walked over to the sink and did the dishes.

I tried to tell him that he didn't have to do the dishes, but he wouldn't listen to me, he just glared at me and told me to sit down.

'He'd be a helluva top. Wait what?'. I thought.

I shook my head to try and get these thoughts out of it but it wasn't working.

Levi gave me a look like I was crazy so I just walked back over to the couch and sat down.