Friends Reunited: Part 1

Levi's POV

This is going to be a great day as Eren and I are heading back to Trost for Christmas.

At least we can get away for a while and not stress out over the whole Order finding out about our relationship which I haven't told Eren about yet.

Erwin and Hanji are still trying to come up with a plan on what we're going to do.

It's been five days and we don't have any idea how to convince The Order that Eren is innocent.

My best bet is getting some of Eren's friends to also testify on Eren's behalf, but I don't want to get them involved in something that has nothing to do with them.

There's no new news on what their decision is going to be on what they're going to do with Eren and that's what makes me anxious, so having the chance to get away is refreshing.

Currently, Eren and I are on the road, making the fifteen-hour drive to Trost.

I told Eren to lay in the back seat and sleep so he wouldn't get car sick again. I've noticed that he only gets car sick during long car rides so if he's sleeping he'll be fine.

Looking through the mirror for the fifth time in the last few minutes, I see Eren still sleeping soundly with a blanket I put over him. He looks so peaceful even though the back seat probably isn't the most comfortable place to sleep.

This is going to be a long drive, good thing I'm used to staying up for long periods of time, or I would probably fall asleep at the wheel.

I look through the side mirror and see Hanji following behind us. I don't know how I'd be able to handle fifteen hours in a car with her so I don't know how Erwin is handling it right now as he's also coming with us. Either he's drowning out her voice, sleeping, or is listening to music with headphones on full volume.

As the car goes over a large bump, I take a look back at Eren to make sure he didn't wake up. I want him to sleep as much as possible so we don't have to stop as much as last time when we were going to Shiganshina.

The sign on the side of the road says Welcome to Dauper which tells me that we have about ten hours to go. I sigh and take another swig of the energy drink I got when we stopped at a gas station to grab some snacks.

Eren's POV

I wake to the sound of Levi swearing loudly for some reason. I sit up and rub the sleep from my eyes then look around to see where were which is in the middle of nowhere.

"Hey, Levi, where are we?"

"Oh, sorry, Eren, did I wake you,"

"Sort of," I say with a yawn.

"Why don't you go back to sleep, I'll wake you when we're almost there,"

"Can't now, I'm already up,"

"Well, you should eat something then, here" he hands me a bag filled with snacks. I take out a bag of Cheez-its.

I much on the snack for a few minutes before I finish the bag and look in the snack bag again and pull out a pack of Twinkies. My eyes light up at the sight of the snack, I love Twinkies, they're the best things ever made.

After I've had more than a few snacks, I put the bag back in the passenger seat and lay back down to try and sleep more.

It didn't take me too long to fall back asleep as the rumble of the car relaxed me enough to lull me to sleep.

When I opened my eyes again, it was dark out and I could hear Levi singing softly to a song playing on the radio.

He hadn't noticed that I was awake yet so I stayed still until he stopped singing.