Jealous Friends

The sound of a knock on my door startled me as I was dozing off on the couch.

I got up to answer it and Mikasa and Armin were there.

Without saying anything, they just walked in right past me.

"Hey, guys, what are you doing here?" I asked them.

"You're our friend, Eren, and we haven't seen you in a bit," Armin replied.

"Yeah, what's kept you so busy, Eren?" Mikasa asked.

"Uhh, nothing, just been hanging out with Levi and his friends a lot,"

"Wow, I guess you guys have been getting pretty close, huh?" Mikasa said as she gave me a weird look.

"Yeah, I guess so,"

Armin and Mikasa looked at each other then looked back at me.

"Do you want to hang out today or do you have other plans?" Armin asked me.

"I can hang out today, I don't have any other plans besides watching tv,"

"Ok, then let's go," Mikasa said then grabbed my arm and pulled me out the door.

Mikasa practically forced me into her car then hopped in the driver's seat and took off.

"What is up with you guys today?" I asked them.

"We just haven't seen you in a while, ok Eren?" Mikasa replied with a stern look in her face.

I saw Armin look at Mikasa then back to the window.

"What is it, you guys, I can tell something is going on?" I asked getting annoyed.

"Nothing's going on, Eren, just drop it," Mikasa replied.

"No! I'm not going to drop it. You guys keep giving each other looks and I want to know why,"

"Eren, it's just that, we think you have been spending too much time with Levi," Armin said.

"That's what's bothering you? You guys think I'm spending to much time with MY friends? I don't need your permission to have other friends,"

"I never said you did, Eren,"

"What it seems like to me is that you guys are jealous that I've been hanging out with Levi more than I've been hanging out with you,"

"Eren, we aren't jealous, we're just concerned is all," Mikasa added in.

"What is there to be concerned about?" I asked getting a little irritated.

"It's...it's because...," Armin tried to explain.

"Because of what?"

"It's because Levi is an angel,"

"That's what's gotten you concerned? Levi would never hurt me, I know he's an angel and he knows that I'm a demon,"

"He knows that you're a demon and he's ok with it?"

"Yeah, he is, he even said that he's ok with it,"

"Wow, never would have thought that an angel and a demon would be friends,"

"Me too, but it happened, actually, I probably would have never met Levi if you hadn't taken me to the arcade for my birthday,"

"Really? Well, that was lucky,"

"I wouldn't say lucky, I would say it was a right-place, right-time kind of situation,"

"Ok, but are you sure he would never hurt you or do anything bad to you?"

"Yes, I'm sure, we've hung out plenty of times,"