Friends New and Old

The sound of metal clanging together and food cooking woke me up.

I still felt terrible, but some of the symptoms have lessened up a little.

My head started hurting so I got up to go get something to eat so I could take some Advil.

I wrapped my blanket around my shoulders and headed to the kitchen.

When I got there, it was a mess. Hanji was making something and Levi was sitting on the couch watching tv.

"What's going on in here, it's a mess?" I asked Hanji

"Hey, Eren, you're awake and...aww you look so cute with your messy hair and blanket wrapped around you,"

"Uhhh, first of all, I don't look cute, I look like hell; and second, what are you doing?"

It's not that I minded Hanji cooking in my kitchen, it's just that she's being really loud and it's making my headache worse.

"I'm just making eggs and bacon, something that's easy for you to eat right now,"

"Then why did you make such a mess when you're just making two things,"

"Uhhh, you know what, I have no clue, it just happened, why don't you just go and sit on the couch with Levi and I'll bring you your food,"

"Ummm, ok," I said then walked over to the couch and sat down.

Levi stared at me while I sat down.

"Are you feeling better?" Levi asked me.

"Yeah, a little, thanks,"

He hummed in response.

Thank god my eyes aren't glowing, my fangs I can hide, but not glowing eyes, plus who knows how he would react to the fact that I'm a demon. I thought.

Hanji brought me my food a minute later then sat down between me and Levi and started talking about some project she's working on.

I moved to get up but Hanji stopped me.

"Oh, Eren what do you need, I'll get it for you,"

"Uhhh, can you get me some Advil, please,"

"Yeah, sure, no problem," she said then got up to get me some Advil.

"You don't seem too fazed by her personality, aren't you, Eren," Levi asked me.

"What do you mean?"

"You didn't notice that she's a little hyper and high maintenance?"

"I mean yeah but it doesn't bother me,"

"Huh, she makes a lot of people uncomfortable, but not you,"

"I guess it's because I'm used to it,"

"How so?"

I was about to respond until Hanji came back with an Advil and a glass of water.

Hanji sat down as I gulped down the pills.

After a few minutes of watching tv, there was a knock at the door.

"Come in!" I yelled.

Armin and Mikasa walked inside and had looks of shock on their faces.

"Eren, who are they?" Mikasa asked me.

"Hey Mikasa, you remember Levi right? And this is Hanji,"

"Ok, but what are they doing here?"

"Hanji insisted that she and Levi take care of me while I'm sick,"

"We're your friends, Eren, we should be taking care of you,"