Grateful For This Life

Today is an exciting day as it is Thanksgiving. 

It's the first Thanksgiving Levi and I are celebrating together as a couple and I couldn't be happier.

Both Levi and I are rushing around trying to get everything ready because Hanji invited us over to her house for the holiday. 

Levi insisted that we both make something to bring over even though Hanji said that we didn't have to bring something.

Levi had suggested that I could make a pumpkin pie as that is the only thing that I couldn't 'fuck up', as he put it, and he would make one of his mom's secret recipes. 

I had messaged Mikasa and Armin wishing them a Happy Thanksgiving which they replied with the same and said that they missed me and couldn't wait for me to come back. 

I was currently trying to make a pumpkin pie with a little of Levi's assistance as I wasn't very adept in the kitchen. 

Once I was done making the pie and it was in the oven, Levi came into the kitchen to make whatever he was going to make. I offered to help him but he told me to go wait in the living room and watch tv. 

Honestly, I think he just wanted me out of the way so I didn't mess anything up and I couldn't blame him. Every year when I would make something for Thanksgiving, I would always screw something up, so I would buy something premade from the store and heat it in the oven.

As Levi was cooking in the kitchen, I could smell what he was making and it smelled amazing but my stomach didn't think so, the smell made me nauseous and I slowly got up from the couch so as to not make Levi worry about me and walk upstairs to the bathroom. 

Once I was sure he couldn't see me, I ran to the toilet and puked out this morning's breakfast, leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

When I was done emptying my stomach, I quickly brushed my teeth so Levi couldn't smell the puke on my breath.

As I was walking out of the bathroom, Levi was standing outside of the door with a worried look on his face.

"Hey, Levi, what's up?" I asked him timidly.

"You know what's up, Eren, I can tell when your not feeling good,"

"Levi, it's not a big deal if I throw up, it's just the smell from the food that was making me nauseous, that's all,"

"Ok, but if your not feeling good than we don't have to go over to Hanji's,"

I walk closer to Levi and pull him into a hug.

"It's fine, I'm fine, Levi, we can still go over to Hanji's, I feel better now,"

"Ok, but if you get sick at Hanji's than we're coming back here,"

"Fine, but that won't be necessary,"

We pull away and he reaches up to kiss me and I happily kiss back.

"Now, stay in the bedroom until I'm done cooking, I don't want you getting sick again," Levi tells me. I nod my head and walk over to the bed. As he was about to say something else, the timer for the oven goes off and Levi runs downstairs to take out whatever is in the oven.

A few hours later...

It was finally time for us to head over to Hanji's house to eat. We had just packed up the car with the food we had made.

Surprisingly, the pie I made came out fine, most likely because I had Levi's help. Whatever Levi had made smelled really good but I couldn't see it as it was covered and he wouldn't tell me what it was.