Settling In

This morning was a busy one. Once Levi and I had woken up, we quickly grabbed something to eat from the cupboards and begun bringing everything from the trailer up to our unit. 

The problem was that it took a while as Levi wouldn't let me carry more than one box at a time and even then, he would check to see if the box was to heavy for me to carry as he didn't want me to strain myself and hurt the baby.

I would also have to tell Levi to not carry too much at a time. I know that angels have increased strength but I can tell when something was too heavy for him to carry as I could see it in his face if he was struggling a lot.

It didn't seem like there was much stuff when we packed everything up, but now, there seemed to be a lot more than what we put in the trailer. Maybe it's just my imagination.

Another part of the reason that it took so long was that the elevator took a long time to keep going up and down. The building has nine floors and we're on the top. It didn't help that other people were also using the elevator at the same time as us.

I think Levi is considering just flying up and down instead of using the elevator because every once in a while, I see him look up to where our unit is and I think he's trying to see how high it is.

As I'm grabbing a box, the worst thing happens, the bottom breaks open and everything inside falls out. I swear I was about to burst into tears.

At least the only thing that was in the box were clothes and not the glass plates. If it were the plates, I probably would've broken down and cried. I picked up the clothes and the broken box then headed back to the elevator where Levi was just getting off.

"Hey, Levi," I said tiredly as I walked past him.

"Hey, brat," He waved and continued walking.

This unpacking is taking longer than I thought, I mean, I didn't have that many things to pack as we got the whole apartment packed in three days.

After we're done bringing up the boxes to our unit, we also have to unpack and that's probably going to take twice as long as it took to bring the boxes up as Levi will probably disagree where certain things will go because he is a clean freak with OCD.

I groan as I think about unpacking all the boxes.

The ding of the elevator brings me out of my thoughts and I walk out and head down the hall.

Once I put the box and clothes that were in my hand down, I go over to the balcony for a small break.

I look down and I can see the parking lot. Levi is just walking out of the trailer with two boxes in his arms.

The light breeze feels good on my face as it blows through my hair and the sun's rays are warm on my skin.

I like it here, it's nice and peaceful.

The feel of arms around my waist makes me jump a little but I relax when I see it's just Levi.

His hands settle on my stomach, as usual, and I smile.

"Sorry, amour, I didn't mean to startle you,"

"It's fine, I just zoned out,"

"Are you tired? We can do the rest later if you want,"

"No, it's fine, I just want to get this over with then take a nap,"

"Me too, brat. Come on, there aren't many boxes left then we can take a food break,"

"Ok," Levi took my hand in his and led us back downstairs.

There were at least seven boxes left so I grabbed two even though Levi told me not to, I didn't listen to him.