Back to Normal

It's been two days since the trial and all I've been doing is nothing. 

After we had all gone out to celebrate, I was so tired that I crashed the second my face hit the pillow and I slept for about a day.

Levi and I also explained to Isabel and Farlan about me being half archangel and all that.

Right now, Levi and I are packing up our stuff to head back to Shiganshina tomorrow. We were only supposed to be gone three weeks and it turned into over a month.

I had called Mr.Shadis and explained what happened and he understood. There's only so much time I can take off for my training so it doesn't have to be extended. 

The training period accounted for holidays and such so the time that I was gone was just under the limit.

Today, I have something important to do. I have to do it today because it will be the only time before the baby is born that I will get to ask this.

I had told Levi about what I wanted to do and he approved.

It didn't take long for Levi and I to pack as we only had two suitcases and a bag for snacks.

As I was putting the suitcases by the desk, there was a knock on the door. 

Levi went to go answer it and when he opened it, Hanji, Mikasa, Armin, Erwin, Isabel, and Farlan were standing there with confused looks on their faces, probably wondering why I wanted to meet them here.

Levi stepped aside to let them in and they walked over to me.

"Hey, Eren, why'd you want to meet us here?" Hanji asked me.

"Well, I have something important to ask you guys and I wanted to do it in person before I left and also because today will probably be the last time I see you all in person besides Hanji before the baby is born,"

"What did you want to ask us?" Mikasa asked.

"First of all, I need Erwin, Armin, and Farlan to step outside in the hall for a second, please," they nodded then stepped out of the room.

I walked over to the bed and sat down with Levi sitting next to me.

"This is kind of a big decision regarding our baby and I wanted to ask you guys separately,"

"What is it, Eren, you're kind of making me nervous," Mikasa said.

"It's nothing to be nervous about. As you all know, you are some of my closest friends. Even you Izzy even though I only met you a week ago, I feel like I've known you for years," 

"Eren, I feel the same way about you too," Isabel says and I smile at her.

"This was kind of a hard decision for me as there were too many options so I went with all of you. So, I wanted to ask all of you if you'd be our child's godmothers?" 

"Oh, Eren, I'd be honored to be your child's godmother," Hanji said then hugged me.

"Eren, of course, I'd be your baby's godmother," Izzy said.

"Eren, I don't know what to say, I didn't think you'd want me to have such an important role in your child's life considering I don't particularly like its father," Mikasa said then glanced at Levi for a second.

"Why wouldn't I want you to be in their life, you're important to me and I hope you will be important to the baby,"

"Well, then, I would love to be your baby's godmother,"

"Thank you, you guys, it was hard trying to choose between the three of you so I just went with all of you,"

"Did Levi have any say in this?" Hanji asked me.