Moving Day

Today is the day that I say goodbye to Trost, at least for now, I'll be back. The whole apartment is all packed up leaving only the furniture. 

We also packed a few things from Levi's apartment but most of the things there were already there when he moved in so he didn't have much to pack.

Everything was stored in a small trailer that was attached to the car and all that was left was our suitcases that contained all our clothes.

I had gotten an email back from Mr. Shadis about a condo and he said that there will be one ready for us to move into once we get to Shiganshina. I told Levi that I had found a place for us and had Mr. Shadis work out the paperwork.

I looked around the apartment as it will be the last time I'll be here. Once we move back, we'll get a bigger apartment or I've been thinking about getting a house as we'll have a baby with us.

All the memories I've made here. Levi and I had our first kiss here, it's where we said 'I love you' for the first time, it's also where I found out I was pregnant. I've lived in this apartment since I was a freshman in college.

I smiled as I recalled all the happy memories I've made here. Without even realizing it, I started crying.

"Eren, why are you crying?" Levi asked me as he wrapped his arms around my waist in a hug.

"It's just I've had so many good memories here, it's kind of sad that I won't see it again. I mean it's where we had our first kiss, where we said 'I love you' for the first time, and also where we found out I was going to have our baby,"

"On the roof was where I realized that I was in love with you," he said as we pulled apart a little.

"What, when were we on the roof?"

"Remember that time when I took you flying?" I nodded. "It was when we landed and the look on your face when you were telling me how amazing you thought it was, I wanted to see your face like that every day, but not just your face, I wanted to see you every day for the rest of my life. I thought in my head, 'God, I love this brat so much', and at that moment I wanted to kiss you but I didn't because I thought you didn't like me back,"

"That's not true, Levi, if you had kissed me then, I would've kissed back,"

"I didn't know that at the time,"

"Well, you know now," I smiled, "The moment I realized that I was in love with you was that first night we spent together, that morning when I saw your face was when I started to fall in love with you and when I truly realized it was when I saw you and I was going through that transition thing and it made me so happy to hear you say it,"

"It made you happy? I was over the moon to hear you say it back. That first time I laid eyes on you, I knew that one day, I would fall in love with you, I just knew it and I don't know how,"

"Really? All I saw was some hot guy staring at me,"

"Haha, very funny," I chuckled and kissed him.

"Let's go before it gets too late," he nodded.

We took our last look at the apartment and walked out the door, hand in hand, and headed to the car. The drive to Shiganshina is gonna be a long one.

The first few hours of driving weren't too bad as I just stared out the window while the music was blasting, but something unfortunate happened. I discovered that I get car sick. 

The motion of the car was just making me nauseous and Levi had to pull over a few times so I didn't puke in the car.

It was so weird, I had never gotten car sick before so it was a strange experience for me. At first, I thought it was just morning sickness but it wouldn't go away as my morning sickness only happens once every few hours.

To keep from having to pull over every twenty minutes, Levi stopped at a gas station to get a few bottles of Sprite, mints, and a few snacks to help.

In the end, I just moved the seat back and slept the rest of the way.

By the time we reached Shiganshina, it was four in the morning and Levi looked like he was about to fall asleep at the wheel.

He woke me up when we were about to pass the Titan Technologies building. It is a very large building, the last time I was in there was before my parents died.

I awed at how much it has changed in the last four years, I can see people walking around through the glass walls, rushing to get things done even this early in the morning.

After we had passed Titan tech, it wasn't long before we reached the place where we'll be living for the next six months. 

It was a nice building, way nicer than in the pictures I had seen. The building looked kind of new too so that was good.

Levi parked the car in the parking lot, taking up a few spaces because of the trailer, and we headed inside to the front desk to get the keys. Our condo was on the top floor so we had to take an elevator. 

Levi and I decided to just unpack later as we are both so tired it's a wonder we're still standing. 

I leaned up against Levi and rested my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around my waist and rested his head against mine.

"Just a little bit longer, amour, and we can go to bed," I nodded, too exhausted to say anything. Who knew spending a day in a car could be so tiring even though I had slept for some of it.

Once we had finally reached the top floor, we walked down the hall to find our door.

When we stepped inside, I was surprised at how big it was. To my right was the living room which had a lot of space. Furthur into my left was the kitchen and it was bigger than the one in my old apartment. Along the wall, next to the living room, was a small set of stairs leading up to where I guess the rooms are.

The walls were all white and it had a futuristic vibe to it. I liked it. I'm glad it was all furnished too so that is a relief.

Mr. Shadis said that he had the fridge stocked so we would have something to eat when we got here.

Levi took my hand in his and led me upstairs and into a bedroom. He stripped off his clothes leaving only his underwear then turned to me and I let him undress me leaving only my underwear also.

We both got into the comfortable bed and instantly we both fell asleep snuggled in each other's arms.