Kanhaaji and his tests on Mishbir

Why is it that the good are put to test? Why is it that the just are punished? Why are the caring and loving doomed?

If the hurt comes

So, will happiness

Be patient...

is the normal proverbial saying but in Mishbir's case they create the happiness and the magic and they do it come rain come sunshine just the two of them against the whole world. They do what's right what's their karma and do it without appreciation or approval from those around them. Their happiness is not because of others but is within them. Despite the trauma that has befallen them their love for their family is stronger and they felt the need to return and celebrate the mother's birthday Mishti has always been looked at with a jaundiced eye by the families both Maheshwaris and Rajvanshes on different levels except for BP and BM.

Abir openly taking a stand for the right and for his is what every husband and wife should do for their spouse. Mishti has done it every step of the way and Abir is doing the same for her. He calls Mishti his "pyaara sa ghar" for that very reason.

"Humesha rahenge sanam saath tere Ke sanam hum le rahe hai saath phere, Har ek kadam hai ek janam ka vaada Ke pyaar krenge tujhse sanam pehle se jyada."

The key word here is "humesha" whether in happiness or sorrow, in sickness and in health until death do us apart. Looking at Abir and Mishti even after they leave the earth, their pulse will beat together, their hearts will rejoice and cry for each other because it's not just the mingling of two minds or bodies on the ephemeral level but of interconnected souls which will be joined at the hips for eternity and lifetimes to come.

While the whole RV family except for Maasi, Ketu and Jugnu show defence and affection for Mishbir, the others in the family are hell bent on proving that they are no good as members of the family and constantly belittle Abir and ignore Mishti. These good souls however, go forth with their good hearts, and show that love is a beautiful emotion whether it's between a mother and a son, grandson and granddad, sibling love, that of a husband and wife, and even that between a bhai and his bro. You FORGIVE when you love someone and Abir showed us that with his eagerness to accept the situation though he felt left out and proceeded to prepare for Ketki's pre wedding festivities.

Kuhu however, because of her insecurities and constant instigation and lack of foresight, rationale and logic fails to apply these concepts to her relationship with Mishti. Had she done that it would have forged such a beautiful bond with her sister and had she done that BB would never have been able to use her as a pawn.

It is said that to be happy you have to be like water; then you move fluidly like a stream. Kunal learnt over time to do just that but Kuhu is still a rock sitting in the stream and will be a sitting duck for Benbaa to use again in her schemes. Where Mishbir do their duty without seeking validation from others Kuhu does it for mostly self-elevation, #Kuhuness and approval and that kind of self-centeredness is destructive. She is more motivated by her hatred for Mishti and her resentment towards her and hurts her again and again in the process.

Season 1 we could see her lukewarm temperament every now and then because of her guilt during Janmashtami, even on few other occasions but presently her brain is a churning ocean of negative emotions. As a fan that advocates harmony and balance, Iam left wondering how long this tirade of hers is going to last. It also pains me to see many bashing Abir for the way he reprimands her. It's called tough love and should have been done earlier.

As audience, good human beings and adults, we should know that abusive behavior, criminal frame of mind and constant taunting and banshee like screaming "sab Mishti ki wajaah se" has to stop and Kuhu has to grow up and realize that she is worthy enough and is loved by many – her husband who came back for her, Abir who has always supported her, Daadi Daadu her Mamma and Papa, Maasi, Ketu and Naanu. They have celebrated her like a princess despite her vile behavior and they have tolerated it so long that it has totally corrupted her and she has become Meenu Part 2 the human or Alien?

Abir has called a spade and spade and he wants it to work out in between both the sisters. He also scolded her on the way back from the resort and told her that her notion of fun was insulting Mishti and he apologizes to her on his and Mishti's behalf; hence 3 months of negative mouthing cannot be the reason for Abir's outburst. Kuhu needs to grow up, grow past the Mishti hatred and should develop more self-esteem.

You rise and fall with the rising and falling of your thoughts Kuhu and your winning and losing pertains to that! She that lives in harmony with herself, lives in harmony with the universe and you are old enough to realize that.

On another note: it was good to see "Ye Sab Mishti ki wajaah se" used in a positive connotation yesterday by Abir.

"Ye Sab Mishti ki wajah se possible ho paya, Jab wo mere Saath hoti hai to koi mushkil bhi mushkil nahi lagti, Sab mushkile aasan ho jaati hai..."

Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar ke is not just about love and family. It explores the concept of human nature too. The same love that frees one person and liberates them like in the case of Mishbir is used by Meenu to bind and control others. To different minds, the same world looks like hell for one and heaven for the other.

"Aaj agar tune give up kardiya na, toh tootegi tu lekin bikhrega Abir" -

Mishti saying to herself "voh kar jo Abir tujhe karne ko kehta hai... Breathe" ....

Love is a positive, symbiotic, reciprocal flow and its so fluid, warm and consistent between Abir and Mishti that one is left in awe as to whether such a connection is really possible and leaves us yearning earnestly that it comes our way. There is hope for us all and Mishbir portray beautifully in a strong way that "When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you."