MY SON'S FATHER

If Abir could write an autobiography about himself as a dad, he would title it not "My son's father", but "My sons' father". He has not only lived fatherhood through Kunal but for the millions of the kids that he has influenced and helped grow.

(My son's father is an autobiography of Dom Moraes, who is an Indian writer and poet)

The touching MishNal conversation that we have often dreamt about on this extensive level happened today. Boy Oh boy! It was a joy to watch the straight, no nonsense businessman Kunal step up to the level of his Bhai's first baby and accepting that Abir is his heart, soul and life – HIS HERO. Yes Mishti, we do know Baba Ajeeb Rajvansh is truly the best! We have seen him baby Kunal, Ketki, Atul, you and even the bratty Kuhu. He rocks!

The first unconditional symphony of selfless love and support extended, acknowledged and sung directly by a Rajvansh to the love that he has received from Abir Rajvansh in such a detail!

I recalled the dialog when Nannu's spiking incident was brought to the forefront when Abir said to Nanko's question:

Bhai mujhe aap Kunal kyun bulaa rahe ho

Kyunki tu kaun hai mein nahin jaanta...lekin tu mera Nanko nahin hai

Today, all the Abirian Cells and nerves would have rejoiced and recognized him for what Kunal has grown up to be – his loving Nanko with a heart of 24k gold, because pure gold is malleable and it bends to accommodate and accept.

Point 1: Motherhood and Fatherhood are both important:

You don't have to give birth to a baby to be its mom or dad. Motherhood and fatherhood are terms. Like Shakespeare said "That which we call a rose by any other name will smell as sweet"

Kunal has accepted that he is nothing without his dad that is Abir. One of the reasons why Abir went looking for his dad, was he needed to fill the void. Kunal never felt that void, never missed it. Despite the 5-year age difference Abir too was a kid; what a terrific job Abir must have done to make Kunal feel this way. Kunal also now fully understands what pains Meenakshi Rajvansh must have borne for her sons and the battles she would have fought especially her inner demons in the form of Mehul, Parul Maasi and her life alone personally and on the business front.

Point 2: Just because you give birth you do not become a mother:

Men especially in many parts of south east Asia are not mocked for their inability to bear children. Women on the other have been mocked, because of societal constraints and they suffer. Woman carries the baby for nine months; she will give birth to her baby and may disappear like Karishma did but just the act that she can carry and give birth and is not barren is given so much importance in our society.

Mishti's womb despite the problems that she faces, compared to that of Karishma, or many others on the show is a paradise.

The thought that she cannot bear a baby is a travesty, a mockery of the morality and justice in the universe. She and Abir are the epitome of selfless love is a charade of goodness and all virtues put together. "A moment in my tummy is a lifetime in my heart," The irony is however, at the moment she realizes, that not just her tummy, everything about her is broken

Mishti accepts that life has cheated her always and she has always been unlucky, but she got lucky when she found BM BP and then Abir. The thought of her beloved's dream shattering is the thing that causes her to break. Like Abir, her first concern is for others - the three most important people in her life. There is no better feeling than the movement of life inside you and just the thought that she can never experience that which every woman earnestly longs and wishes for, has totally destroyed her, because that means Abir has lost it too by association. She feels like a loser; the love that they conquered has broken her now as she calls herself the biggest mistake of his life.