LOST IN THE STORM THAT IS MISHBIR

We don't meet people by chance. They are meant to cross our paths for a reason. This goes for not just the non-fictional us but also the fictional characters that we read about or those that we see on the screen – small and big and those that we read about in books. The power and vehemence of emotions that appeal to our neurons are so strong that it acts like a positively reinforcing drug even long after a movie is over or the book is done.

How many of us have fallen head over heels in love with Noah Calhoun and Allie Hamilton from "The Notebook" or Landon Carter and Jamie Sullivan from "A Walk to Remember" Catherine and Heathcliff in Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte or our famous Scarlett O' hara and Rhett Butler in "Gone with the Wind". These are immortal books that leave, even in the hardest skeptical heart, a soft footprint. A nostalgic emotion to change, to be better, to take leap of faith and also makes us believe in unconditional love.

With movies, dramas and motion pictures the effect to our brain is far more phenomenal. Images act like shortcuts to our brain and that is why visuals are so powerful. The characters make us feel in ways unimaginable and inexplicable because the footprints that they leave behind are permanently not only etched in our hearts but also in our brain. The good ones that linger with us are like endorphins to our brain. They make us happy for what our favorite characters had, sad for what did they did not have, nostalgic for what could have been but most of all, motivates us to emulate and think right, see right and do right, especially the youth of today.

In today's world, where we value material benefits more, the feelings of humanity and empathy are constantly reducing amongst humans. We lack values and with the growing social media and marketing many that use SNS, long for appreciation and likes and a following of a massive kind. We send out messages that others want to hear and often in that wave of fame and name the essence of truthfulness being genuine is often lost.

There is a big authentic group or should I say the EXTENDED FAMILY of Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyar Ke that misses their moral do gooders, their superman and superwoman of the Rajvansh Family - Abir and Mishti and the story that revolves around them with the other delightful characters of BM BP Big Bhen, Kunal, Kuhu Parul Maasi, Naanu, Ketki, Maamu, Maami, Atul and Jugnu because without them there would be no valuable essence to Mishti and Abir. We fought for the serial to go on, tirelessly trending day and night but to no avail, and now we fight relentlessly trending for a comeback – Season 2.

Every day we wake up and the once bubbling enthusiastic family that was has now become withdrawn, broken and sad. The powerful essence of Abir portrayed by Shaheer Sheikh and Mishti brought to life by Rhea Sharma and the befitting magical and fairytale journey that they created on their wondrous exceptional chemistry on screen everyday has touched us in ways unimaginable and has left so many loving paws of footprints on our brain and mind. We also realized that through Kunal and Parul that bitter people are capable of changing for the better.

Abir and Mishti have by standing up for familial values love, honor have taught us the young, valuable life lessons. They have imparted to us an everyday living chanting the "no ego mantra", which is an essential in the society of today where personal first-person pronouns of "I, me, we, us, mine etc." are mostly heard. Now that the serial is off air, we find it difficult to deal with the big gaping void in our lives since Oct 18 2020 and it is like losing a whole big part of our family. WE NEED OUR FAMILY BACK.

WE NEED A YRHPK SEASON 2 TO SUBSTANTIATE THE FOLLOWING:

- A more harmonious and balanced and well mended relationship between Abir and Meenu

- A more pragmatic Kunal who just doesn't distrust his all-loving brother suddenly but can like Abir try to analyze the situation and then draw inferences. He is a Harvard graduate with analytical brains and should know better.

- Kuhu realizing her mistakes in a slower way. The last few episodes were all rushed and unbelievable and she still taunts Mishti for lack of fashion sense when offering to shop for the baby. Kuhu's distrust for Mishti, her hate and resentment cannot be cured so easily. She needs to be properly reprimanded and punished for her misdeeds towards Mishti, her lies. She did all the wrong things, challenged God and gets to carry the Mishbir baby in return to flaunt and being the redeemer. Where is the justice in all this?

- Abir opposing Kuhu and telling her off vehemently when she is wrong. His going all "bro-bro" on her is an insult to his love and support for Mishti especially during the Magazine issue where Mishti has been very treated very wrong by not only Abir but also BP

- Mishti truly becoming one of the "bro" gang. It has always been Kuhu Abir and Kunal with Naanu never Mishti being one of them.

- Mishti making some mistakes of her own and learning. She has been through hell, and is always balancing things for others being always responsible. Kuhu needs to take up Mishti duties, to get a first-hand experience.

- Mishti by a miracle getting pregnant naturally and Abir supporting her and dealing with her mood swings etc. Their beautiful moments with Amish too.

- Jasmeet Chachi knowing the error of her ways and changing

- A longer friendship between Nannu and Abir

- Also, a Abir and Jugnu dynamics

To conclude, as a cherry to top the icing cake that would be Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyar Ke Season 2 we need a Mishbir house. Nuclear Family is not an evil or negative thing.

The bond that links your true family is not one of blood but of respect and joy in each other's life. As shown and portrayed by Mishti and Abir, despite differences and upsets, family has always been a circle of strength, founded on faith and joined in love kept together by God forever!

We miss MishBir, their unconditional love, support and precious values, but mostly of all we need them to show us that the superhero quality lies in not falling but in rising every time we fall.