The Sword of Damocles

Iam going to twist this tale of the Sword a tad.

King Dionysius ruled over the ancient kingdom of Syracuse in 4th Century BC. (King Abir) Damocles was one of the courtiers in this kingdom (Varun the future daamad) and he spent most of his time flattering the King. (Varun flatters Abir bhai with sob stories about dead Karan and also charms RV Family with his jokes).

Damocles believed that being a king was the easiest thing in the world. He thought the job of the King involved eating good food, drinking good wine and having a wonderful time and so he decides to pin the murder that he committed on Mishti using RV Family's resentment towards her and usurping the Soni business and wealth that came with it. King Dionysius invited him to several banquets. The food served was delicious and music played was lovely. (All the functions and the meets at the RV) Unfortunately, Damocles was unable to enjoy any of these things because unlike the other guests he found himself seated under a sword - a sword which was hanging by single horsehair. Damocles was afraid that the hair would snap at any time resulting in the sword falling on his head. If Mishti somehow found out that he killed Karan then all would be doomed.

But the Damocles Sword still hangs over Varun's head despite his evil and vile planning. When you say that a sword of Damocles hangs over someone, it means that something bad is going to happen to that person.

Honesty is a very expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

In reality, every time we lie or deceive, we invite an even bigger discomfort to visit us in a future moment. And what will we do to avoid that discomfort? Lie again, usually. Habits are cobwebs at first but later they turn into cables and strangle you.

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave...when we practice to deceive."

Overprotective parents often raise the best liars and looks like the Sonis have done just that. Varun, whenever you swindle, defraud, hoodwink others, in order to make things better for yourself in the moment, you deceive yourself most of all. Looks like mommy has forgotten to impart you this very significant lesson. You have failed to fight for the truth in this moment by standing for the pack of lies and the whole set of difficulties that come with it.

"And beware of the half-truth Nirmala Aunty; looks like you have gotten hold of the wrong half."

I think your father already sees you for the conniving son you are. He knows exactly what you are up to with that comment about the business transfer to your name. I don't know how he will stand up to it but I don't see him with you and your mom so that gives me a little hope. Kicking the can of truth up the road just invites a barrel to roll back on you Varun. That double phone with your double face is a pandora box and once it is opened, the agony it will unleash is going to be humongous to you and your family.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake and the Rajvanshes played that strategy very well today with calculated forethought and action. Never announce your moves before you make them. Varun however, is making this mistake by being hasty and pressurizing Mishti to confess.

Mishti is fire and she knows when to ignite that spark. Angry Chorni is not in full form now but now that she has the support of the family, do wait for the googly. Wait a minute! She already delivered that one today, did she not? about confessing only when you brought the baaraath. That look on your face was like getting a taste of thousand Mishtis in action and left a taste of sweetness on so many levels just like her name.

Mahishasur asked a boon to be immortal and you asked one for Mishti to confess so that you can own the Soni property lock, stock and barrel. Brahma told Mahishasur that all born must die and the Code of Kanhaaji in Bhagvath Gita states that the universal law is that every born evil has be destroyed and balance should be restored.